List of Star Co. Baseball Sets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joebing

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the Star Co. Baseball sets? More specifically, the Alan Trammell sets? I asked this once before I think, but the part I left out was if there were different series each year for a player.

Example: I have the 88 Gold and Platinum Trammell sets, as well as the 89 Silver set. I also know there is a base set version in 88, and promos for each set, as well as a blank back ad card each year, and a cert AU /500 in at least 1988. I have heard of a 1990 set as well.

Are there base, silver, gold, and platinum each year for each player produced? Is there somewhere I can find a list of the Star sets?

The Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards is the only resource I've seen that comes close to being comprehensive. Unfortunately, when the set design changed in late 1988 through 1989, they just marked all of those as 1988-89, so it's tough to tell which year the sets should belong to. But not all of the players featured in their own sets got the full rainbow treatment with all the variations.

Now that I have the book in front of me, here are the Trammell cards/sets listed in the 2003 Standard Catalog:

1988-89 Star Promo
1988-89 Star 1-11 (Trammell mispelled Trammel on card #4)
There might be a glossy set, but they only reference the existence of glossy sets without listing any of them.
1988-89 Star Gold #141-150
1988-89 Star Gold promo card
1988-92 Star Ad Cards Glossy Blue (see how annoying the year thing is?) these say "Ad Card" beneath the team on the card front and have a Star Co. advertisement on the back
1988-89 Star Platinum #71-80, promo card
1988-89 Star Platinum promo card
1990-91 Star Silver #46-54 (all cards misspelled "Allan")
1990-91 Star Silver promo card

That's all they list, 4 sets and 6 promo cards. I know for sure that the SCD list is incomplete. You might check with the owner of the Star Galore set on eBay. He sells a ton of Star sets and might have some sort of list on hand. http://stores.ebay.com/Star-Galore

Last edited: