1952 Topps #42 Kretlow Available for Trade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoBolts

Prospect
Topps finally filled the last of my redemptions for the 2011 Diamond Giveaway promotion. Unfortunately, they couldn't fulfill one of the card redemptions, so they sent me two other cards instead, and I'm looking to trade this one:
1952 #42 Lou Kretlow

52Kretlow_zps806a7f63.jpg

As you can see by the attached photos, it's not exactly NM condition, but it's not poor either. I'm not a fan of Kretlow, so I figured I'd trade this for for a player(s) I'd rather have.

I'm more than willing to trade for cards in a similar condition. I'm specifically interested in the cards on my list below, but I'll listen to offers for other vintage cards of comparable value, especially early 1950s Detroit Tigers.

WTTF:
1949 Bowman
26 George Kell

1950 Bowman
8 George Kell
9 Vic Wertz

1951 Bowman
46 George Kell
151 Larry Doby
18 Casey Stengel

1952 Topps
39 Dizzy Trout
55 Ray Boone
126 Fred Hutchinson
143 Les Moss
146 Frank House
180 Charlie Maxwell
222 “Hoot” Evers
227 Joe Garagiola
243 Larry Doby
244 Vic Wertz
246 George Kell
262 Virgil Trucks
296 Red Rolfe

1953 Topps
151 Hoyt Wilhelm
228 Hal Newhouser
277 Don Lund

Last edited:
I need the Kretlow, and have a pretty big Detroit collection myself. I don't have any on your wantlist that you posted, but I do have some 1954 and 55 Bowmans as well as other assorted Tigers cards that you may be interested in. Check out my website:

www.samtaylorcards.webs.com

Sam

Could use the Kretlow for my set, here are my dupes of similar era Tigers (Conditions vary)
53 Bowman: 132 Hutchinson
53 Topps: 72 Hutchinson, 113 Priddy, 163 Hatfield
54 Topps: 111 Delsing, 197 Rowe

Can send scans if you want to see any. Tks, Jim

I need the Kretlow, and have a pretty big Detroit collection myself. I don't have any on your wantlist that you posted, but I do have some 1954 and 55 Bowmans as well as other assorted Tigers cards that you may be interested in. Check out my website:

Sam

Thanks, Sam. I'll take a look and let you know if there's anything on your website I'd be willing to trade the Kretlow for.

David

Could use the Kretlow for my set, here are my dupes of similar era Tigers (Conditions vary)
53 Bowman: 132 Hutchinson
53 Topps: 72 Hutchinson, 113 Priddy, 163 Hatfield
54 Topps: 111 Delsing, 197 Rowe

Can send scans if you want to see any. Tks, Jim

Thanks for the offer, Jim. These are some interesting cards, but I don't think I'd trade the Kretlow for any of them at this point in time. If you have any 52 Topps that aren't Tigers that you'd be willing to trade for the Kretlow, please let me know. Thanks.

David

Just have one extra 52T (#23 Goodman), but it's not as nice condition than the Kretlow you show. Tks for checking, Jim

Just have one extra 52T (#23 Goodman), but it's not as nice condition than the Kretlow you show. Tks for checking, Jim

Hmm. Yeah, I really wouldn't be interested in that one. If you have a list of pre-1960 cards that are available for trade, whether they're Tigers or not, I'd be happy to take a look.

David

Sam

I've sent you a PM with a couple of possible trades.

David