Review 2012 Topps Chrome - N F L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2012 Topps Chrome - N F L

24 packs - 4 cards per pack
1 Rookie card in every pack
1 Chrome auto card in every box

I received the following:

Base cards -
Vets - 36
Rookies - 37
img411.jpg

The base cards are highly reflective with a chrome border. Photos are sharp and the design is similar to previous years chrome cards. The reverse has a simple design with a short write up on the player and his complete player stats.

INSERTS

1984 Reprints
img414.jpg

Weeden, D.Wilson, R. Wilson, J. Wright

Pink, Cammo, Sepia Refractors

Gabbert #ed to 499
Harvin #ed to 399
Bradford #ed to 99

AND - each one is numbered on the reverse - as it should be ---- YES!!!!! - Put it on the board!

X-Fractor and Refractors

Bradshaw, Streeter, Kuechly, Egnew, Wallace, Locker, Ganaway, Thomas

Xfractor - Wayne #ed to 216

img412.jpg

Ok, I understand 299, 399, 499, 99, -- but what is with 216?

1973 Reprint

Ken Stabler
img417.jpg

1957 Throwbacks

img416.jpg

RG III
and
Justin Blackmon

Red Zone Rookies - Die Cut

img415.jpg

Ryan Broyles

1965 Tall Boy Chrome

img418.jpg

Turbin and Tannehill

Auto

Redemption

img419.jpg

Russell Wilson

This chrome issue has 2 really cool inserts - the Tall Boys and the Die Cuts (I'm a sucker for die cuts) The tall boys would be a very unique set to compile. Don't really know how hard it might be, but it definitely would be a great set to work on and eventually complete.

Not real happy about a redemption auto, however, Topps has been doing a respectable job in filling these redemptions - at least for me.

I also like the extra rookies that I received in this box. I was 'guaranteed' 24 and received 37... not bad at all.

Overall grade A-

Go buy and rip several boxes and send the Tebow's to me!

Duane

Duane, I could use the Bradshaw and Wilson and any base Giants you may have pulled. I have zero Tebow cards, but I could send you a couple Hamilton/Longoria. LMK and thanks, Robert

seems like a cool set i love the tall boys have some from the original set. the weeden looked pretty cool. Thanks as always for doing the reveiw

Thank you Duane as always....I love the chrome, whether it's baseball or football. I love the rookie die cuts, I'd take the Broyles even though he just tore his ACL :( and the tall boy Turbin...I think I will collect the rookie die cuts...
It's up to you....I can send you some Longos...I have tooooooooooo many :)

Thanks again.
Diane