Review 2012 Bowman Sterling - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2012 Bowman Sterling - M L B

6 packs per box and 4 cards per pack
"3 Autos in every pack - 18 autos per box!!"

I received the following:

3 base cards
img449_zps545f2d07.jpg

Now for all of you set builders out there.... this might prove to be Everest. There are 2 base sets - base set and Bowman Sterling Prospect set - I received 2 base and 1 prospect. I have not researched how many cards there are in each set, I am sure someone out there will post the correct number of each. They are beautiful cards - especially when holding them - not so much on the scans. The front is a highly reflective blue (or silver for refractors or gold for gold refractors). The reverse has a Bowman Profile along with stats.

Refractors

img450_zpsf9c9c0fb.jpg

Hanson and Danks - both #ed to 199

Next In Line

img451_zpsd26d5eda.jpg

I am told that there is only one of these per box and there are autographed versions.

Autos

img444_zpse820dc47.jpg

img445_zps276d3921.jpg

img446_zps3bee09ec.jpg

img447_zps940faf5c.jpg

Refractor Autos

All refractors are #ed to 199.

img448_zpsfdf424bd.jpg

Yes, that is correct - Trevor Bauer and Mike Trout!!

++Side note - I bought several packs earlier this week - left 2 packs at the store - one of the 2 contained a Harper redemption auto - so much for my 'pickin'!!

Bowman Black #ed to 25

img452_zps083fcf84.jpg

Steve Bean

This card is as thick as 3 of the base cards combined - the auto looks great!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The autos - all of the autos that I received in this box are on the card in blue Sharpee. Thank you Topps - they look great!! There are some sticker autos out there.

If I had any criticism, it would be that the cards are just a hair dark - could be lighter - or at least the area that the players signed could be lighter and the auto would 'pop' more.

The packs are a bit pricey $50 +/- here in Orlando. One does get 3 autos per pack and if you are fortunate enough to pull a Trout or a Harper - you could get a portion - if not all of your investment back.

Overall grade A- maybe Topps could have added one more base card to each pack....

Go invest in several boxes and send the Rays and Rays prospects to me!!

Duane

Wow, you killed it on that box.
I'd be interested in that Gavin Cecchini but I didn't pull any Ray's out of my 2 boxes.

Nice box. The Bauer looks nice and so does the Naquin but those are mainly cause of being a tribe fan. Thanks for the review as always again awesome pulls with the trout and the Bauer look foreword to seeing more reviews. and i agree a tad dark with the autos

I can trade the Cecchini - how about a Ranger prospect- did you pull an auto of one of them?

Duane

I did pull a Jarmon but being from Texas, I'd like to keep it.
I did manage to pull some dups of Eddie Butler, Matthew Smoral, Jesmuel Valentin, and David Vidal if any of those happen to interest you.

Duane- Great review. I haven't opened anything from this product but I would be interested in the Schoop auto. PLMK if you would be interested in cards from other products in return.
Thanks,
Trish

Duane, I could use the Straily auto. What would you need for it?

lmk thanks
Dan

You can't go wrong with Sterling....excellent review, Duane....thanks.

I've got my goodies almost ready to send to you, but have been sick. Are you trading that next in line insert??
I'm making the set and would love that one....if not, I understand. But, still mailing some cards your way for the ones you have sent to me in the past.
Thanks,
Diane

I did pull a Jarmon but being from Texas, I'd like to keep it.
I did manage to pull some dups of Eddie Butler, Matthew Smoral, Jesmuel Valentin, and David Vidal if any of those happen to interest you.

How about Vidal (if you still have it - if not, pick anther one) - post and I'll confirm.

Duane