Review 2013 Topps M L B Series 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2013 Topps M L B Series 1

Hobby Box - 36 packs/ 10 cards per pack
"1 Auto or 1 Relic card per box"

I received the following:

298 unique base cards - 90% of the 331 base set - Very Good!!;)

img488_zps300b2cb6.jpg

2013 is again a strong year for Topps baseball. The base set is designed well with sharp HD photos, silver foil, and a bright white glossy card. The reverse has complete MLB stats along with personal stats. Numbers are easy to read and inserts are well marked. SP's are a little more difficult - I'm sure that there is a list of the SP's - Out Of Bounds - but I don't have the list. Maybe someone can reply to this thread with a link....

Inserts

Gold - Emerald - Black

img489_zpsb47f1200.jpg

1 Black - #ed to 62
4 Gold - #ed to 2013
6 Emerald

Mini's

img491_zps9690d5be.jpg

9 mini's

Chasing History / Calling Cards / Chasing the Dream

img490_zps75a466c5.jpg

Chasing History - 9x
Calling Card - 4x
Chasing the Dream - 6x

The Greats // Die Cut Refractors

img492_zpsd708c6bd.jpg

The Greats - 3x
Die Cuts - 2x

HIT

img493_zpsf638d641.jpg

Hanley Ramirez - GU bat

In addition, I received 6 Million Dollar Chase cards - these will be given away - anyone that wants 2 of them (and I'll include one's from my PC) [I have a total of 26] let me know here on this thread. Post them as free cards and I'll do my best to get them sent to you.

For the baseball collector, this is a must buy. There are a pile of inserts - cammo, pink, red, purple, blank backs, gold, emerald, black - to name most of them.... The player collector will have lots to chase. In addition to the above mentioned, there are calling cards, Greats (silver and gold), die cuts - my favorite. Also - there are coins - bronze, gold, silver, and black, and pins, and Silver Slugger awards, and Cy Young awards... WOW - lots to chase!!

I really like the die cut refractors. I still have not seen one of the die cut refractors with an auto and relic. These must be extremely rare. If someone pulls one - please post it on this thread.

If anyone needs base cards - let me know, I should be able to fill 99% of your base needs.

Overall grade A+ excellent issue!

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays inserts to me!!

Duane

Duane, I would be interested in any Orioles Emeralds or Golds you pulled, if you got any.
Thanks!

Chipper is yours... post as a free card. Are you coming to O'do for Spring Training?

Duane

Don't think I will make it again this year. The wife has planned a vacation cruise from Mar 16 to the 27. Thought I would be retiring this March but it has been delayed till this coming Novemeber. So am looking at 2014 Spring Training now. The ironic thing about getting to Orlando this past year is we have been there 7 times. We bought Disney passes last year and the wife made sure we got good use of them. Going to be there again this coming weekend. Will post up the free card shortly.

Thanks,

Rich

Nice break, nice review!!!

How you fixed for Phillies, all flavors? I have some Rays to trade.

Thanks,
John

I have 2 Phillies inserts - Gold - Kendrick, and Chasing History - Halladay. Do you need base Phillies?

I don't need any base Rays.... If you have an insert that would work.

Duane

I have 2 Phillies inserts - Gold - Kendrick, and Chasing History - Halladay. Do you need base Phillies?

I don't need any base Rays.... If you have an insert that would work.

Duane

Duane, have Halladay, need gold Kendrick and any base Phillies that you'd care to send north. I have Walmart blue Hellickson and Shields for you if you need them. LMK?

Thanks!

Thanks for the review Duane. Good job Topps! Love the crisp clean action shotsand the design as well. The Hanley is sweet...too bad he is in a Dodgers uniform. PLMK if you pulled any of these.

93 96 98 174 175 182 216 219 221 228 234 246 276

Chasing The Dream
CD-10 Giancarlo Stanton - Marlins
CD-11 Jacob Turner - Marlins

Thanks, Brett

Thanks for the review Duane. Good job Topps! Love the crisp clean action shotsand the design as well. The Hanley is sweet...too bad he is in a Dodgers uniform. PLMK if you pulled any of these.

93 96 98 174 175 182 216 219 221 228 234 246 276

Chasing The Dream
CD-10 Giancarlo Stanton - Marlins
CD-11 Jacob Turner - Marlins

Thanks, Brett

Got them all except CD -Stanton.

Post as free cards...

Enjoy,
Duane