moved to diff forum!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is, a reasonable offer seems to be right around the $25 you paid for it. Same with the Griffey, Jackson, and Irvin. You are paying about the going rate and trying to get people to pay significantly OVER the going rate.

If I'm looking for a 2009 Toyota Camry and I find a bunch in the $12,000-$16,000 range, and I call on the one you have for sale and you tell me your price is $60,000 'or a reasonable offer', I'm going to hang up the phone and look elsewhere.

The problem is, a reasonable offer seems to be right around the $25 you paid for it. Same with the Griffey, Jackson, and Irvin. You are paying about the going rate and trying to get people to pay significantly OVER the going rate.

If I'm looking for a 2009 Toyota Camry and I find a bunch in the $12,000-$16,000 range, and I call on the one you have for sale and you tell me your price is $60,000 'or a reasonable offer', I'm going to hang up the phone and look elsewhere.
is this what you do you go around messing with good standing members on this site i appreciate your opinion on my cads but don't appreciate how you seem to think you know everything even as to what i paid for a card what you need to do is let the other members choose for thereself as to what theere opinions are this is the second time you have posted negative stuff on my threads and if $25 is reasonable then make an offer my friend i don't mess with anyone on here i don't see post police on your nametag so please if you don't want to make an offer or have a question i ask you please to stay off my posts THANK YOU

Actually, I haven't posted negative stuff on your threads. I politely private messaged you because I HONESTLY thought when you started the Monte Irvin autograph for $100 or offer you added an extra zero by mistake. We had a message exchange where you made it clear that the card you purchased for $8.95 delivered was NOT mistyped, so I let it go. You shortly thereafter dropped it to $26, then $20. There was another poster who pointed out on the Irvin thread that it was still about double the going rate. Like I mentioned, check the completed auctions, you are paying about the going rate, and asking a bunch of people who check these things out to pay you significantly more. The threads keep popping up on my 'new posts' list every time you bump them up, which is usually a pretty good indicator the offers aren't coming in. I simply suggested a reason why they might not be coming in at the level you'd like. People often don't feel comfortable making an offer of 15-25% of an asking price, so they look elsewhere.

I'm speaking for myself, not the moderator team. While this is mainly a trading site, we understand that often it's just is easier to get a deal done by selling rather than just by trading. That being said, it doesn't make sense to take advantage of this site's lenient policy of allowing free postings to attempt to oversell items you are clearly overstating their value. Fortunately we've had people here that have had the good sense to be responsible in this community, if this becomes more prevailent it will probably come up for discussion amongst the moderator team. Try not to kill a good thing for our site by selfishly abusing the process.

ok cool but all of this should be in a pm my friend not on my thread i am not breaking any rules nor am i out to screw anyone maybe had you offered $25 i may have taken it i ask $100 and settle for whats readsonable and thats between me and the buyer not me and you like i said you are not a mod and i am a hof member who has never been banned nor screwed anyone as far as standing were the same! my asking price on this card is not outrahous 2008 razor auto's in beckett guid are $60 and this member on ebay who sells on there with over 4,000 sales has this 08 razor listed for this below and based on his exerience he knows what he is doing and check it out!,and please delete all this you wrote,thank you,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160947334923?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

If you want to sell, especially if you are flipping cards you picked up cheaply for the purpose, go to eBay or some other site where if you want to take up up space with rediculous pricing you have to have some skin in the game (listing fee). Pete Rose has been one of the most prolific signers in the history of baseball, and thus his signature is extremely available and cheap, but to a novice buyer they may see a HOF caliber player and may be taken in by your representation of value. Yes, a person can buy or sell at whatever they choose to set as a price, but we all have a responsibility to this community to be as forthcoming about reasonableness as possible. In the past the moderator team has been quick to eliminate the quick buck artists, and as a consequence there have been some rules put into place that have impacted our regular members, so all I'm saying is be judicious in how you use The Bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.