Comic Books for sale - possibly trade for baseball or hockey needs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trishlp

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Fellow Benchies my brother passed away at the end of January and has left me with a ton of Comic books and non-sports cards that he had collected over the 20+ years. I have only gone thru one box of comics so far (have at least 8 more in the family room 10 more in the storage shed and lord knows how many boxes in his room). I have not looked at the cards yet but I know he had Star Trek, Star Wars, Marvel, DC Comics stuff - most any kind of Sci Fi card there was. Also has Buffy and Charmed cards. If you are looking for anything in particular lmk and I will look for it as time permits. I don't believe he has any costume or auto cards left mainly the base cards and insert parallels.

I am not a comic book collector so I am mainly looking to sell the stuff but I do collect Baseball and some Hockey so I would trade if you have something I want.

To my eye I would say the comics are in what I consider good condition (most are in bags and boards with no creases or bends) but they were read at least once by him. I can provide scans if needed.

I have gone thru 11 boxes and have added a page to my website (link is in sig). If you are interested in any please let me know. I am looking to sell them at approximately 25% of book value. Some of the vintage comics are in pretty good shape and some are in bad shape if you are interested in the vintage comics lmk and I will try to scan a copy of the front cover to you.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Thanks it has been an adjustment to say the least.
Trish

I'm sure, if you need anything you let me know.

I don't collect comics anymore but wouldn't mind a list of non-sports cards you might have. I don't need them all listed out, just the series name.

Thanks - I will see what I can get to tomorrow. Is there a specific genre you are looking for? TV show stuff or Marvel/DC?

Star Wars for sure, and most other TV shows, movies or things like that. No interest in the DC/Marvel cards now that I think about it.

Hi Trish,

Sorry for your loss.

Please PM or email list of comics as you catalog each box.

take care,

Mike

Billy- I am sure there is some Spawn but have not found them yet once I do I will send you a message with what is available.

Meliah- Will see what I find later today

Mike - Are you looking for anything in particular?

Sorry for your loss Trish, hope all is getting better for you.

I would be interested in some superman, batman, aquaman, stuff like that. I have no idea on anything about comics though so will leave it to you on a price if selling. Maybe i can but a box worth or if i have anything you can use card wise i can look there.

Thanks,
Dennis

Sets that I found cards from so far:
Buffy seaseon 2
Buffy Season 3
Buffy Reflections
Charmed Season 1
Andromeda
Superman Returns Movie cards
The Return of Superman
Superman Holo Series
Superman Platinum Series
Supergirl
The Maxx
South Park
Dr. Who Adventures
Dr. Who 2001
Dr. Who The Definitive Collection series 3
Lost in Space movie cards
Babylon 5 gaming cards
Buffy Gaming cards
The Crow Rules Movie gaming cards
Farscape season 1
Farscape In Motion
Stargate Movie Cards
Stargate SG1 Premiere
DC Comics 1991
DC Comincs 1993
DC Bloodlines
Dark Judgement
X-Files Showcase
X-Files Season 1
X-Files season 2
X-Files season 3
X-Files season Flight to the future Movie
DC Comics Veritgo
Joe Jusko's Edgar Rice Burroughs Collection
Lady Death
Paul Chadwick
Masters of Fantasy
Mike Ploog
William Stout Saurians & Sorcerers
Star Trek Enterprise Season 1
Star Trek Original Series
Star Trek 25th Anniversary
Star Trek Episodes Collection II
Star Trek 35th Anniversary
Star Trek Generations
These are just some of the cards I found in 1 room
I might be wrong on some of the titles

Dennis- I saw some additional Aquaman and more Superman (I think) in a couple of the boxes I looked thru yesterday. Will continue to work on lists and let you know. The boxes that they are in would not be good for shipping but I do have flat rate priority boxes that we could fill up if we work out something.
Thanks,
Trish

Sets that I found cards from so far:

South Park
Lost in Space movie cards
X-Files Showcase
X-Files Season 1
X-Files season 2
X-Files season 3
X-Files season Flight to the future Movie

These are just some of the cards I found in 1 room
I might be wrong on some of the titles

Those sound cool, don't have any of them at least:) I have no Miller items here to trade, what baseball do you like? A delivered price as well please if we can't work out a trade.

I am not sure if they are complete sets but I will see how many of each I have. My baseball wantlists are on my homepage cards from my needs or Kathy needs are fine if you have any.
Thanks,
Trish

I am not sure if they are complete sets but I will see how many of each I have. My baseball wantlists are on my homepage cards from my needs or Kathy needs are fine if you have any.
Thanks,
Trish

Doubt I have anything for you but will most likely have some for Kathy. Will get you a list in a couple of days I hope.

I am very interested in Fantastic Four, Amazing Spiderrman, and any 12 cent or older issues that you may have.I have all 4 sports on my tradesite with 1000's of cards not listed yet,lmk if we can trade at all.My condolences
Ed

Trish, I'm still digging around for possible cards to trade. I did not organize that well when I moved. Just wanted to make sure you know I am still interested in the cards I mentioned.

No problem I haven't had much time to work on trades myself

Thanks, when you have the time could you let me know a trade value on the cards I liked. Also what they would cost delivered if I strike out on trading cards--no hurry of course:)