2013 Topps MLB Sticker Collection 3-13-13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
PRODUCT DETAILS:
Estimated Release Date: 3/13/13
Product Configuration: 50 packs per box, 8 stickers per pack

2013 Topps MLB Sticker Collection leaves the frills and gimmicks behind. About as straightforward as you can get, the set is designed for young collectors, families and those looking for a simple kick of nostalgia.

The set has 315 stickers, mixing current and retired stars. Mascots and team logos also appear. Packs of eight stickers should be around a dollar.

The 2013 Topps MLB Sticker Collection also has a 32-page album. Featuring full-color images, there's a page for every team. The San Francisco Giants' run at the World Series is also part of the highlights in a section dedicated to the postseason. Albums also come with six stickers to get collectors started.

Sticker boxes come with 50 packs. Albums come in boxes of 12.

For many collectors, stickers are what got them into collecting. They're easy to accumulate, cheap and fun to put in the album. This is the third consecutive year Topps has produced a set of baseball stickers.

I loved them when we were kids, but the cost these days is ugly. $1/pack, need at least 39 packs to complete the set, add the album, tax if you buy them like we used to, factor in doubles, you're looking at $50 or more to finish a set of stickers. You'd have to drop $5 or more every time you went to Target to finish them over a summer or before they disappeared off the shelf. At least with the cards you can try and rationalize it with the microscopic chance of a decent hit (Musial auto, beat the streak contest or whatever it is, press plates, superstar parallel, etc) with the stickers it's half of a $100 bill and...you get a few hundred stickers that you just made worthless by using them as they were intended to be used. I love that they brought them back, but I do wish they'd just make a cheaper version that kids can actually enjoy

I completed a set once. I think it was 1982. At that time, you could buy the last few needed stickers directly from Topps, as I recall. It was truly fun!

yeah, it was great. I remember the promotion they had in 1985 where they had certificates randomly inserted and if you collected 5, you mailed off for a complete set of baseball cards. I found one all year and my best friend found 5 in about the first month or two. I was so jealous. Those factory sets from 1985 STILL go for a nice premium!