Review 2013 Gypsy Queen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2013 GYPSY QUEEN

24 packs / 10 cards per pack PLUS Mini Card box
'2 Autos and 2 Relics per box'

I received the following:

180 unique base cards - 60% of the base set
img539_zps5219d2db.jpg

Gypsy Queen is an 'art card'. The cards are thicker than the normal baseball card - yet seem to be 'lighter' in weight. The reverse of the card is kind of yellow I don't really care for the color, but ...) The reverse has the Gypsy Queen logo and carries the design from the front to the back. The reverse has a short write up on the player - with few stats.

SP's

SP's come 1 in 6 packs - I received 6.

Mini's

img540_zpsb7ef94ab.jpg

I received 31 (including the mini box)

Mini Parallels

img541_zpsb625f17b.jpg
2 Black #ed to 199
Santana - Choo
Green #ed to 99
Trumbo

No Hitter / Glove Stories / Dealing Aces

img542_zpsbe86f213.jpg

No Hitter - 6x
Glove Stories - 4x
Dealing Aces - 6x

Sliding Stars / Collisions

img543_zpsa48c8dc7.jpg

Collision - 3x
Sliding Stars - 4x

Blue Frame - #ed to 499

img544_zpsfd33a148.jpg

J. Bench

G/U Relics

img545_zpse09de98f.jpg

Cueto
Harvey

Autos

img546_zps3876621d.jpg

Yasmani Grandal
Adam Eaton

#############################

Gypsy Queen is normally a popular set. It contains players from the current teams and historic players as well. The SP's are scattered through out the set. The set builder will need several boxes to achieve/build a complete master set. There are variations on some of the cards as well. The variations come about 1 in 6-7 boxes (good luck in getting all of those!) The player collector will have some fun chasing the base and mini variations of their favorite player(s).

The mini set is a 'doable' set. One should be able to pick up some on the 'bay and trade for the others. Not really sure if the SP's from the larger set are the same as the SP's for the mini set.

The inserts give collectors a history lesson - especially the No Hitters.

My 2 favorites are the blue frame and the ON THE CARD autos!!! The on the card autos are blue Sharpee and look fantastic!

Overall Grade A- don't really like the color of the reverse of the card.....

Go buy several boxes and send the mini Rays to me!

Duane

Last edited:
Plmk if the regular SP's are available for trade. Thanks Butch

I liked the card backs. It was easy to read. Don't know if they could have achieved it with a different color.

First thing I thought with the backs was High-Lighter yellow.

Nice Bench.

It cost me over $250 to complete the base set with the 50 SPs. I bought 2 hobby boxes and many SPs on ebay. I also had around 25 trades to help out. I sold the base set on eBay this past weekend for $100. It was a lot of fun.

Duane,

Did you happen to pull a base card #175 Brandon Moss? I'd also be interested in the Coco glove stories.

lmk thanks
Dan