Questions on Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerry72

Prospect
Where is the best place to find out the pricing on Graded Cards? Which one has the best service? Do buyers prefer one over the other? I have 2 graded cards that I would like to find out the prices of, if any one could help that would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

1985 Donruss #273 Roger Clemens SCG Grading Services SCG 10 Gem Mint
1992 Topps Gold Winners #156 Manny Ramirez Beckett 9 Mint

The cheapest way to get the pricing is to look at past sales on Ebay. Of course that can be hit or miss. For the two you listed, the only SGC 10 Clemens recently sold went for $52.89 with free shipping. The only Manny BGS 9 was a regular gold, not the gold winners. It went for $4.31 plus $2.95 shipping. A PSA 9 gold winners Manny went for $5.51 plus $2 shipping, so a BGS 9 should be in a similar range, I would think.

A decent site that tracks graded card sales is vintagecardprices.com. It tracks actual sales on Ebay and other auction houses. However, it does not track very many modern cards, so it can be hit or miss in that area. Also, it is quite expensive at $13 per month for a silver membership.