Review 2013 Bowman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2013 Bowman - Baseball

24 packs - 10 cards per pack
'One auto card in every box'

I received the following:

106 base cards (220 total) or 48% of the base set

img553_zps85c7b3a5.jpg

img554_zps108ba4a0.jpg

and 46 Bowman Prospect base - (110 cards) or 42% of the base set

NO DUPLICATES! - very good.

This is the hobby box. The Bowman set is very similar to previous years issues. The prospect cards have a different design on the front and the reverse is in white - while the reverse on the veterans cards is in grey. The reverse again has the Bowman Briefing - consisting of Resume, Skills, and Up Close along with personal and pro (minor league/college) stats.

Numbering of the cards is relatively easy to read and as far as I can tell - each number is unique - no double numbers and no skipped numbers!!

INSERTS

Parallels

img556_zps4de4e04c.jpg

One should receive golds, blue or 2, orange, and an ice parallel or 2.

I received 24 gold - both vet and prospect
2 silver ice
1 Blue
1 Orange

Mini/Chrome

img555_zpsf77c5eea.jpg

One refractor and 4 mini-refractors

The mini refractors have 5 -player cards per MLB team - total of 150 cards. There are also colored parallels - red, blue, etc....

I received 38 chrome prospects.

Flag and Refractor Parallels

img557_zps1c3eb79b.jpg

The refractors also have colored parallels - gold, blue, orange, red, and black.

Retro Chrome and Top 100 Chrome prospects

img558_zps238e2bfa.jpg

I received 6 Flag parallels and 2 Top 100 chrome prospects

Auto

img559_zps4518c7b3.jpg

Dorssys Paulino

If you have been reading any of these reviews, one should know that I am a Bowman collector. I have probably 98% of all Bowman sets issued since 1991 and waaaaay too many extras to count. This issue is no different. Yet, this issue so far is one of the most expensive base products ever. Hobby boxes are going for $75 - $90 and jumbos are $140-$170 each. Jumbos have 12 packs and one receives 3 autos per box - getting pretty steep for the average collector.

I still like and collect Bowman. I believe that this issue is good for the set collector and the player collector - not so much for the master set builder (way too many parallels to chase!)

The autos - very well done! All are on-card in blue Sharpee. They look fantastic and are done the way auto'd cards should be done!! Thank you Topps!!

I like the Top 100 prospect insert set - but only receiving 2 per box is rather slim and makes building the set pretty challenging. There are also die cut versions and auto'd versions (if I am not mistaken.)

The mini refractors are cool and look great. Again, 4 mini's per hobby box makes the 150 set rather daunting - but doable, if one has the time and the deep pockets to chase them all down.

Overall grade A

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays parallels to me!!

Duane

Great review. I would like a crack at the Blue Adam Jones and Orange Rivera I can offer an Orange David Price and Blue BP49 Patrick Leonard Rays for them. PLMK
Thanks,
Trish

I could use the Johna Santana silver ice card. I have an opening day stars card of Evan Longoria (its looks 2d) from 2013 for the trade. Let me know. Best regards, David

Duane,
Can I have any of the Kansas City Royals you may have pulled? (Also, did you pull any Royals Mini cards from that Gypsy Queen box you reviewed?)

Many Thanks for another great product review!

awesome review Duane thank you for doing this. I have found my self liking the Bowman set more and more each year but i agree getting steep for most. love the Dorssys Paulino auto card being a big tribe fan and let me know if you have any tribe base your looking to get rid of if not that's cool too Thanks again for the review

I opened a box of Retail today and got 8 Gold Boarder cards but had no player name and no Bowman in gold. Is this an error set?

Pulled this a couple weeks ago:

null_zps8cda8547.jpg

This I pulled Today:

null_zps1de8a583.jpg

Interested in any Andrew McCutchen cards you have.

Also did you get any of the GQ regular set SP's?? Can use any you have.

Have a bunch of Bowman. Plmk Butch

I have these inserts. Not as many as I thought.

Mini Chrome--CC-TBR2

Flag--49

Silver Ice --164

Lots of base.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review Duane. PLMK if you pulled #87 or any of these?

Top 100 Prospects
5 Fernandez
63 Marisnick
69 Nicolino
100 Heaney

Thanks, Brett