PDA

View Full Version : Site performance

Champs96ws
05-30-2013, 01:27 PM
With the recent downtime that the site has experienced (yesterday and 2 weeks ago to be exact) I'm contemplating moving hosts. I'm looking for feedback from the members to determine if this change is needed.

On my end I did notice the site was a bit slow to load for the last couple of weeks, this shouldn't be an issues with only 100/150 people on the site at any given time. Did anyone else experience slow access?

The server our site is hosted on had a hardware failure, and was down for most of the day yesterday.
I was told all issues have resolved, but I have my doubts. So I'm going to give it a 2 week "trial" period and see how things go. If need be we will switch hosts in mid June.

Please give some feedback to this matter so I can make the right decision.

Thanks,
Peter

jimmyhazard
05-30-2013, 02:00 PM
it did not not work for me at all yesterday.I didn't try it in the evening,(mommadoos),but otherwise, I've had no problems. I think the biggest concern for you will be in the late fall and winter months when people start coming inside.

Beachbum
05-30-2013, 02:18 PM
I've been having consistent trouble in the mornings where my browser won't load the Bench but by afternoon and /or evening, it works.

dragonslayer913
05-30-2013, 02:48 PM
When the new site was put in place could it possible not have downloaded completely and this whats causing the problems ?

valediction
05-30-2013, 03:08 PM
I do notice during the day, it seems like once or twice a day almost every day, I am unable to connect to the bench, it will be working fine, then I try to read a thread or post a reply, and it starts loading very slow, then boom! "cannot connect to thebenchtrading.com" I come back 15 minutes later and it's fine, like nothing ever happened. Only on weekday days, evenings and weekends are almost never a problem.

GreatAlbert
05-30-2013, 03:25 PM
I do notice during the day, it seems like once or twice a day almost every day, I am unable to connect to the bench, it will be working fine, then I try to read a thread or post a reply, and it starts loading very slow, then boom! "cannot connect to thebenchtrading.com" I come back 15 minutes later and it's fine, like nothing ever happened. Only on weekday days, evenings and weekends are almost never a problem.

Same for me.

Champs96ws
05-30-2013, 03:30 PM
Thanks for all the input guys. I know of all the past issues, I'm more concerned about going forward from today. If we continue to have these issues I will move to a new host. I just need you to report back here, if you continue to have problems accessing the site.

Dave - the problems have nothing to do with the site upgrade.

katester44
05-31-2013, 09:32 AM
Wednesday was the only day I had issues. I usually have The Bench running all day (in teh background) and haven't had any problems with getting logged in or with it cutting out during the day.

valediction
05-31-2013, 05:58 PM
I got the could not comnnect to the bench error again today from 4:48 until just now (4:56CST)

valediction
06-03-2013, 12:16 PM
and the same thing today for about the last 5 minutes.

akamikey2001
06-04-2013, 01:53 AM
Last couple of weeks has been running slow. Have add the error message only afew times recently.

bdink25
06-04-2013, 07:57 AM
The site has on occasion been having what I call lag times. Was on last night and today so far with no problems.

Champs96ws
06-14-2013, 08:38 AM
There hasn't been a "big" outage but we still experience lags. I originally said I would do it after 2 weeks, but I didn't realize it was father's day this weekend.

I already have 2 new hosting companies in mind, I just need to make a final pick and being the migration. I will post a "heads up" thread in the site news since we will be down for bit while the move takes place. I'll try and give everyone a min. 24 hour notice. I'll also keep everyone updated thru our facebook page.

bblair_2002
06-16-2013, 10:02 PM
A few minutes ago I copy and pasted my wantlists for a new post and it said an error occured saying my message was too short and did the same thing on a thread I had freshly typed out about a 1/2 hour ago.

David K.
06-23-2013, 06:41 PM
The idea about a 24 hours warning sounds good to me! Thanks Peter! Best regards, David

katester44
07-04-2013, 05:04 PM
The last day or so, it has been taking a long time for pages to load - keep getting a pop up indicating a "long running script". It takes the banner ad above the threads forever to load up.

dp33
07-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Receiving the "long running script" message yesterday and today as well.

STLSHOEMAN
07-07-2013, 12:34 AM
WELL, now I know it's not my pc that's messed up. I just posted a thread on the same subject.

cmcjr99
07-07-2013, 04:12 AM
just returned to the site yesterday after being absent since last october and i as i tried to navigate around the site i was thinking that the page load times were incredibly slow .... glad to know it isnt just me and that you are apparently getting ready to move to a better more reliable server....

David K.
07-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Strange things are going on....was doing the trival stuff....when it would not allow me to play (tims) game because I was still logged in the other game? Best regards, David

metsman1986
09-18-2013, 11:24 PM
It is very, very slow for me.................Almost like dial up in 1997 poor...................It's frustrating, that's why I haven't been on much..................