Review 2013 Archives Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2013 Archives Baseball

24 packs - 8 cards per pack
2 Fan Favorites Autos Per Box

I received the following:

164 unique base cards - or 82% of the base set of 200 - Very Good!!

img580_zps9202751c.jpg
img581_zps63b28a1c.jpg

Topps Archives Baseball is in the same genre as the Topps Archives Football released earlier this year. The digital photography is much improved over the original 60's 70's 80's and 90's cards, however, the reverse is much the same - hard to read. The fronts of the cards hold true to the originals and look very good. The reverse has complete pro stats and even complete stats of the retired players that have been included in the set.

I also received 6 SP's numbered 201 to 250. The reverse is much easier to read on the SP's. One will probably be searching the 'bay for the needed extra SP's to complete the set.

Inserts

img583_zps2b99f9fc.jpg

Tall boys - 4x
Stickers - 3x
Gold refractor - 1x #ed to 199

The tall inserts are a favorite of mine - they look cool.

Alternate card

img582_zps14fe7f21.jpg

This card is numbered 72B -- I did not receive a number 72 so I don't have a comparison card. Maybe someone could post a scan of the base #72....

Archives Redemption card

img585_zpsac547477.jpg

Take this one to your local hobby shop for redemption.

img584_zps6b7a595d.jpg

All-Star - 6x
Triumvirate - 1x
Museum Collection - 1x

2 more favorites - Triumvirate and Museum -- for whatever reason, I like the die cut cards and the cards that one can 'see thru.'

Autos

img586_zps192db55c.jpg
Sid Fernandez
Fred 'the crime dog' McGriff

Both autos - blue Sharpee on the card - very well done!!

1 of 1

img587_zps603a5b11.jpg

David Freese - cyan plate

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Topps Archives is a good set for nearly anyone who loves baseball. It brings back memories and gives us reminders of retired players and the contributions that they gave to the sport.

I have already stated that I like 3 of the inserts - tall boys, Museum Collection and the Triumvirate. Of the 3 - the Museum Collection is my favorite. The cards are see thru and die cut. The players in the set are the all time greats - Ruth, Gehrig, Williams, Clemente, Ripken, Koufax to name a few along with Pujols and Trout.

The autos - again - well done - on the card - no stickers!!!

Overall grade B++ like the inserts - just not the backs of the base cards...

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays parallels to me!!

Duane

Duane - Not sure what you are keeping, but I can send you some Rays stuff for the Williams, Bundy, and Pujols TB. PM if you want.

Thanks for the review Duane. Love this set every year. Thanks Topps!

PLMK if you pulled any of these. 6 17 79 57

83 All Star Stanton

Thanks, Brett