Review 2013 Topps Tribute - W B C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2013 Topps Tribute - W B C

6 packs - 5 cards per pack
4 Autos, 1 Patch Card and 1 Relic Card per Box.

I received the following:

22 base cards - no dupes
img618_zps96b83ae0.jpg

The World Baseball Classic Tribute cards are thick and highly reflective in this premium issue. Each player is shown in their respective country's uniform. To the best of my knowledge ( and some may even doubt that it exists) there are 100 cards in the base set. The reverse of the card has much of the player's pro career outlined - whether in the US or in other countries. If one were to build the base set, one would need a minimum of 5 boxes with near perfect collation and in doing so, should receive more than enough autos/relics to trade for the needed cards.

The player collector will be able to add some great looking cards to their individual collections. Collectors from other countries should also be able to collect the players from their respective country.

Inserts

I did not receive any of the 'colored' parallels - if there are any in this issue - i.e. gold, blue, orange, red, or black.

Autos/Patches/Relics

img619_zpsc3f47539.jpg

3 base autos
Eddie Rosario
Anthony Rizzo
Hanley Ramirez

1 Blue Auto

img620_zps68dee312.jpg

Johathan Schoop #ed to 50

My gripe - as always - high end products should have the autos on the card - not stickers. Save the stickers for the lower end issues.

Patches

img621_zps6f5d1238.jpg

Xander Bogarts #ed to 60
Giancarlo Stanton #ed to 50

Not one but 2 sweet patches!!

I like the premium issue, but I wonder if it is needed. The cards are very well produced and look really sharp. Why not make the WBC a part of the normal Tribute issue? Add one pack to a box... just a thought.

I do believe the country collectors both here and abroad will be clamoring for the cards from their particular countries and doing so with pride. Interestingly, I did not receive any cards of a Cuban player. I received - USA, Dominica, Venezuela, Korea, Chinese Taipei, Japan, and Mexico.

Overall grade A- no stickers....

Go buy several boxes and send the patches to me - they look fantastic!!

Duane

Looks like some good cards there, I wonder how well it will sell though given the price tag? Might be a good buy in a few months when inventory doesn't move and shops want to lower prices though.

Thanks for the review Duane. These cards look really cool. I agree with you on the sticker autos, especially on this product. I would love a chance on trading for the Stanton patch, do you have a want or have list of the guys in your sig?

PLMK if you pulled any of these. 11 22 28 30 43 54 63

Thanks, Brett

Thanks for the review Duane. These cards look really cool. I agree with you on the sticker autos, especially on this product. I would love a chance on trading for the Stanton patch, do you have a want or have list of the guys in your sig?

Thanks, Brett

Brett - I only have Reyes #30. It's yours.

Stanton patch - if I had to guess - it's value is around $30-$35 - blue #ed to just 50 -- just a guess. I'll hold it for you - as far as a want list... no, I only look for nice stuff of the Rays and /or possibly Teixeira.

Duane

Duane,
Completely agree with you on the Sticker auto's, a big disappointment. What Kind of BV would you need on the Xander Bogarts #ed to 60?

Thanks
Joe

I would be interested in the bogaerts. LMK what you may want in trade via PM and do you have any of these base??? 25, 92,93,97??? lmk. thamnks

Thanks, Brett

Brett - I only have Reyes #30. It's yours.

Stanton patch - if I had to guess - it's value is around $30-$35 - blue #ed to just 50 -- just a guess. I'll hold it for you - as far as a want list... no, I only look for nice stuff of the Rays and /or possibly Teixeira.

Duane

Duane, Got the cards. The Stanton looks even better in person. Thanks again.

-Brett