Review 2013 Soccer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2013 Soccer

24 packs - 10 cards to the pack

2 Autos and 3 Relics per box...

I received:

One complete base set of 200 cards and 15 extras.... EXCELLENT!!!

img622_zps41e77ada.jpg
img623_zps75345f4c.jpg

Topps Soccer - MLS style! I believe this is Topps first entry in the soccer (futbol) card arena. These cards are full bleed hd action photos. The photography is excellent... the front of the card is glossy with silver foil. The reverse has MLS experience stats, personal stats, and a write up of the strengths of the selected player.

Inserts

Parallels

img628_zps9e06632e.jpg

Farrell #ed to 50
Calderon #ed to 25

Praise and my only criticism of the issue - Praise - the numbering of the cards is done on the reverse so as to not take away from the front of the card -- criticism --- there is nothing to distinguish the parallels from the regular cards - no gold foil - no different color back ground -- ya gotta look for the numbering on the reverse ( I nearly missed one of these when going thru cards and collating the set.)

Pure Soccer / Rivalries

img625_zpsa074e5d8.jpg

Pure Soccer - 4x
Rivalries - 1x

Mini's

img626_zps6eeb00cd.jpg

Bostock
De Rosario

English Footballer

img627_zps1833de8e.jpg

4x

Relics

img629_zps7071eb7f.jpg

Jewsbury
Perez
Saborio

Autos

img630_zps1b8d8af1.jpg

Farrell
Johnson

Golden Boot Die Cut Auto

img631_zps920b09d5.jpg

Bernier
1 in 123 packs!

My Favorite Player (for obvious reasons)

img624_zps0f1c905b.jpg

JACKSON

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Interesting issue - for MLS soccer fans this should be a slam dunk. I also like the fact that I received a complete base set. I read on the pack that there are SP's - 1 in 175 packs??? That is an SP! One should be able to collect their favorite team and/or player rather easily and even pick up some of the parallels of each. I compared each of the dupes I received to the other card and I could not see any difference - there might be and I may have an SP, but I can't tell the difference.

The mini's - pretty cool small card. I don't know exactly how many there are in the set, but one might have a small hill to climb if one decides to complete the set - only received 2 in this box.

I felt fortunate to receive 3 autos rather than the promised 2. All autos are sticker autos and each one looks good - apparently soccer players can actually write their names (unlike some baseball, football and basketball players.)

Overall grade A+ -- excellent beginning for Topps in the sport of soccer!

Go buy several boxes and send me the parallels of JACKSON!

Duane