Review 2013 Bowman Platinum - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2013 Bowman Platinum

20 packs per box - 5 cards per pack
2 Auto'd refractors and 1 Auto'd Refractor Relic

I received the following:

24 Veteran Base
img637_zpsf81df01b.jpg

50 Prospect Base
img638_zpse86322d9.jpg

Inserts

Colored Parallels

img640_zpsd958a0dd.jpg

4 Gold
2 Blue
1 Red
1 Xfractor
None of which were numbered...

Chrome Parallels

img639_zps96243f6c.jpg

5 Chrome
1 Green Refractor Chrome #ed to 399

Chrome Reprint

img643_zps0aaae8eb.jpg

Top Prospects // Die Cut

img642_zps704d1173.jpg

4 Top Prospects
2 Die Cuts

Diamonds in the Rough

img641_zps58f4a9df.jpg
Marco Hernandez

Autos/Relics

img644_zps9a77e7e1.jpg
Jesse Biddle
Adam Conley

img645_zps646c2ce6.jpg

Jarred Cosart

Bowman Platinum - good middle of the road issue. Good for set builders, good for player collectors and good for master set builders. One has a number of parallels to chase - in the various chromes, and the various background colors. The cards are reflective - not refractor - just reflective. The player is the only one pictured on the card (instead of a possible action shot - i.e. catcher tagging someone out, or a second baseman making a great catch with someone else in the shot, etc...)

I especially like the die cuts. Don't know why, just do. There are die cuts of the vets and the prospects alike.

Autos - 2 of mine are on the card - very good and one is a sticker.

Still haven't determined why the chrome retro / reprints were added - to me they seem out of place in this set - should be in the Bowman Chrome issue.

Puig - yes, I received a Puig base - and dang it, did not receive an auto, die cut or any other parallel of Puig or our newest Ray - Wil Myers....

Overall grade A very good effort.

Go buy several boxes and send the Myers parallels to me!

Duane

Thanks for the review Duane. I like this design and the on card autos are nice. I wonder why they have sticker autos in the same set. Do the chromes have the dreaded "chrome curl"? Please LMK if you pulled any of these.

52 Marisnick
57 Nicolino
80 Hechavarria

-Brett

Thanks for the review Duane. I like this design and the on card autos are nice. I wonder why they have sticker autos in the same set. Do the chromes have the dreaded "chrome curl"? Please LMK if you pulled any of these.

52 Marisnick
57 Nicolino
80 Hechavarria

-Brett

Brett - no chrome curl at all.... and also not one of the three in base, or any of the chrome parallels. I even checked the extra box that I picked up... sorry.

Duane