Topps redempton question -- received "Late Notify" email

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chief wahoo

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I've been waiting for nearly a year now on a 2012 Finest redemption. Topps sent me a late notify email several months ago to say they are past the 15 week waiting period and offered to substitute my redemption for another card of equal value. I decided to sit tight hoping it would come soon. Now I'm rethinking if I want to replace it.

-- What have other's experiences been when you've asked for a replacement?
-- Do you have any say on the replacement player and/or team?
-- Was the replacement better / worse / or about the same value as the redemption?

My redemption is a Leonys Martin Auto Jumbo Relic Rookie Printing Plate.

Thanks, Scott

I've had several redemptions with Topps and always had a fair shake. When the card I had coming didn't come they replaced it with a card of equal value. I didn't have any say in who I was to get. I did get something though. If you're really looking to get the exact card that you redeemed, you might never see it. Best to get something for your efforts. Can't say the same for UD or Panini. Donruss wasn't too bad either. Butch

personally i've only accepted a replacement one time - and that was ONLY because the player i was waiting for died suddenly with a few of his outstanding redemption items still unsigned....although it took 2 years to get to me , my replacement was better , but from most people i hear talking on the subject , i was in the minority....

i'd HIGHLY recommend you check out THIS THREAD ...i registered there just to post my own outstanding redemption and i check back in 3-4 times a week to see if there is any news on my card as well as a few others i might be interested in if they ever go live....

I chose to let them redeem my Robinson Cano 2012 Five Star autograph with an alternative.

They sent me a 2011 Bowman Chrome Jedd Gyorko autograph.

I was disappointed, but maybe will feel better over time.

I haven't done a redemption with Topps in a long time, because they really worked both a close friend and myself over in the early 2000's on redemptions. Whenever I pull them, I trade them or sell them.

I prefer Panini for redemptions. Sure, I might have to take a replacement, but they usually let me guide them somewhat towards my needs. In a few cases, I was able to replace with some nice PC stuff.

I had a 2011 Bowman Platinum redemption auto card of Matt Harvey I was waiting on. I was told by Topps, 2 years ago, that they were waiting for him to sign his redemptions and that it would eventually come. I had nothing to lose since I collect Mets and simply waited on the card. Got it last week. Well worth the wait since it was an "on-card" auto. If you really want the Martin card, why not wait? If you don't collect him and simply want to turn whatever card you get over, then take your chances and get a substitute. My 2 cents.

Thanks guys for the replies. I'm not a huge Martin fan, but I do like that it is a RC+auto+relic+plate. I doubt that I could get that kind of rarity on a replacement. I'll probably sit tight for now.

on line filed for a Heritage prospect.......about 4 to 5 weeks later got a Duke Snider auto and a letter of apology from topps. Best regards, David