Review Allen & Ginter - 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Allen & Ginter - 2013

24 packs - 8 cards per pack
'Look for 3 in every box - auto'd card, relic card, printing plate, rip card, book card'

I received the following:

126 unique base cards (300 base card set) 42% of the base set - NO DUPES!!!!
img646_zpsd0ce24fe.jpg

In keeping with history of A&G - this set is much the same as previous year's sets. The cards are a vanilla color and are stiff being printed in the same manner as former years. The SP's seem to be more prevalent - I received 12 SP's of the set of 50 (numbered 301 to 350.)

I received several 'World Champions' that are included in the set - Bud Selig (questionable, in my mind - at least), several models -Teigen, Chanel, boxers - Jones, Jr, Heath, X-games, Bill Walton, and a good number of MLB's rich history of players - Ruth, Gehrig, Koufax....

INSERTS/Parallels

Mini

img647_zps862832f0.jpg
img648_zps6d5dc4ee.jpg

11 regular backs
5 A&G backs
3 black border

Across the Years

img652_zpse209bf96.jpg

12 received

Peacemakers / Inquiring Minds -- Mini's

img649_zpsaf9194c3.jpg

Gandhi
4 - Inquiring Minds

Palaces and Strongholds // One Little Corner

img651_zps8f61e1a9.jpg

3 of each

Civilizations Ages Past // Martial Mystery

img650_zps1f175166.jpg

3 of each

Game Used / Relic

img653_zpsc11f0fdd.jpg

Bill Walton
Jose Altuve
(talk about the long and the short of things!!!)

Box Topper

img655_zps6801e11a.jpg

Joey Votto

Rip Card

img654_zps573dfe93.jpg

Beltran #7/50
Jackie Robinson - mini

Had to rip it - couldn't stand looking at it and not knowing what was inside.....

Allen & Ginter is a good set for the set builder. One receives a good percentage of the set in one box and with 3 or 4 one should get the complete base set and be well on the way to completing the SP portion of the set.

The parallel chaser - player collector will have several mini's to chase with the various backs and such. I am not sure if the mini's have the same SP's as the regular sized set. As well as the SSP's received in the rip cards, - the mini set could prove to be one heck of a challenge to complete.

The Walton relic I received appears to be a piece of his Tye-died t-shirt. It looks pretty cool.

Overall grade B+ just a continuation of the previous years sets....

Go buy several boxes and send the mini Rays parallels to me!!

Duane

Hi, would you need for the Mini Jackie Robinson pictured ? Thanks for the nice description of this set,and your pulls.
I will list some nice Rays, Thanks Tom [email protected]
2013 Bowman Orange #127 Odorizzi /250
2013 Bowman Silver Ice #111 Jennings, BP68 Linsky
2013 Gypsy Queen Mini GU Jrsy #GQMR-BU Upton
2013 Gypsy Queen Mini GU Jrsy #GQMR-EL Longoria
2013 Gypsy Queen GU Jrsy #GQR-EL Longoria
2013 Topps Heritage Venezulean #36 Zorbist, #159 Jennings
2013 Topps Autograph #CHA-MAM Moore
2012 Finest Green Refractor #21 Price /199
2012 Finest Moments Die Cut #FM-MM Moore
2009 A&G GU Jrsy #AGR-EL Longoria
2013 Tops Camo #593 James Loney /99
PLMK Tom [email protected]

Last edited:
Duane,
I don't know if you've already pulled and mailed the Royals cards to me yet, but if not, could you also check to see if you have any Henry Rollins (#266 & #348) or Phil Heath (#85) cards?

Interested in any "One little corner" cards you'd like to dispose of and any Andrew McCutchen cards. Plmk thanks Butch

Nice break! I'd have ripped that RIP, too. Couldn't pull the Schmidt EXT mini, tho, eh? :)

Any Schmidt or McKayla Maroney minis?

I would be interested in the Jackie Robinson mini from the rip card too.

I know I have a 2013 Topps Matt Moore black parallel that's numbered to 62. Could take a look for other Rays if your card is available.