Review Topps Platinum N F L 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps Platinum N F L 2013

20 packs - 5 cards per pack
1 Auto'd Patch Relic and 2 Rookie On-Card Autos

I received the following:

56 base veteran cards - no dupes!! - 56% of the base set (100 cards)

img679_zps5af0944e.jpg

Platinum - solid issue. The cards look fantastic and seem to have been printed well. The base cards are on regular card stock with a glossy/mirrored finish. The card nearly looks to be a refractor type card. The design is good with an action photo of the player. The reverse has stats and a write up called Going Platinum.

This base set - if I were to collect and assemble the set - should be put in card sleeves. The edges might be slightly more 'delicate' than the average card.

Rookies

img680_zps08b54b37.jpg

12 rookies received - ( I believe the rookie set is #101 to #150) - 25% of the rookie portion of the set.

The rookies are 'chrome-like' - heavier card and the front is a very high gloss. Each has the RC designation. Well done!!

Inserts/Parallels

img681_zps8ba938e3.jpg

img682_zps7cc50bed.jpg

Blue Sapphire parallels - I received 19 veteran parallels and one rookie parallel. The veteran blue sapphires are much thicker than the base cards.

XFractors

img683_zpsa63d5db4.jpg

I received 5 of the rookie xfractors. This is a very cool looking card. I really like the design in the xfractor portion of the card. This would be a good insert set to chase.

****** Cancer Die Cut

img684_zpsb30b9b5f.jpg

Andrew Luck

Most of you should know by now, my favorites are the die cuts. This card does not disappoint. Very well done!!

Autos

img685_zps2ed31fe2.jpg

Tyrone Goard
Johnathan Hankins

Both of these fellers can write! Their autos look excellent - blue Sharpee on the card - as promised. Both are highly reflective and chrome-like.

Rookie Auto Patch Relic

img686_zpsbd695e31.jpg

Jordan Reed - #ed to 1000

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Topps Platinum seems to be a pretty cool issue. The cards look great and both player collector and set builder should be relatively happy with these cards. The blue sapphire set would be fun to collate.

Overall grade A+

Go buy several boxes and send the die cuts to me!!

Duane

I would LOVE that Jordan Reed card.
He has been the only reason this year I continue to watch my hometown Redskins...
On the other hand, living down in Carolina, and watching the Panthers isn't any easier :(

Thanks for the review!
Zach

I would LOVE that Jordan Reed card.
He has been the only reason this year I continue to watch my hometown Redskins...
On the other hand, living down in Carolina, and watching the Panthers isn't any easier :(

Thanks for the review!
Zach

He's yours.

Post as a free card.

Duane