Review M L B Chipz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
M L B Chipz

I received 8 packs of Chipz.

Each contained -- 4 Chipz, 1 team sticker, and 1 game board
Look for: Auto's, Glow-in-the-Dark, Magnetic, and Relic Chipz

I received:

21 'base' chips

img687_zpsfd23509e.jpg

Pretty cool idea - I'm not really into the 'game' portion, but the idea of collectible Chipz is good. The Chipz are the size of a poker chip and weigh approximately the same as a quality poker chip. The reverse has the player's name and team along with the obligatory logos from MLB, etc...

Glow-in-the-dark

img688_zps58af16d7.jpg

I received 4 - these have a 'matte' finish on the front and reverse.

Silver Parallel

img689_zps65f5f959.jpg

I received 2 of the silver parallel - easy to spot - the background of the picture has silver rays emanating from it as well as the reverse in in silver.

Gold Parallel

img690_zps306c3516.jpg

Received 2 gold.

Magnetic

img690_zps306c3516.jpg

Received 3. Will not be a problem to determine which ones are magnetic....

Vinyl logos...

img692_zps7eadccd7.jpg

These come on the reverse of the Chipz. Might be a little difficult to display in your collection, but they are different.

There is a game board in each pack. It is folded to the size of a regular baseball card. The game is played by flipping or spinning your chips on the board.

Other variations might be: Flipping - heads or tails, or pitching against a wall with the closest to the wall winning the Chipz tossed (could and probably would damage the chip, but hey, go buy a few more!!)

img693_zps072fe545.jpg

img694_zpse7faabf8.jpg

The player collector should like this variation in collecting. One will have base, magnetic, glowing, silver, gold, auto'd and even relic chips to chase of their favorite player.

Overall grade A -- good effort to give the collecting public a new issue.

Go buy several packs and send the Rays parallels to me!!

Duane

Bought three packs of this at Target today because BC and TC weren't out yet and I am an ADDICT AND I NEED HELP. :)

Pulled the Wright "glow in the dark" chip (yay!), but did you get any other Mets? Or Jose Reyes or Carlos Beltran? Going to give these to my daughter, probably, so I figured I'd try to track down guys she might (sorta) know.

Last edited:
Nice concept but I don't think this one really lends itself to variations if it is a game. UGH!! Oh well. Any American League East Champion Red Sox?

Thanks,

Jeff

Bought three packs of this at Target today because BC and TC weren't out yet and I am an ADDICT AND I NEED HELP. :)

Pulled the Wright "glow in the dark" chip (yay!), but did you get any other Mets? Or Jose Reyes or Carlos Beltran? Going to give these to my daughter, probably, so I figured I'd try to track down guys she might (sorta) know.

Sorry - no Mets, Reyes, or Beltran....

Duane

Nice concept but I don't think this one really lends itself to variations if it is a game. UGH!! Oh well. Any American League East Champion Red Sox?

Thanks,

Jeff

Speaking of UGH>>> I have 2 B@#$%n R#$%^x - both are Ortiz - base and glow in the dark. They are yours.

Post em as free.

Duane