hdjstuff
10-09-2013, 04:59 PM
2013 Topps Chrome - M L B

24 packs - 4 cards per pack
'2 Autos per Box'

I received these:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/hdjstuff/img739_zps51e96b25.jpg

75 unique base cards - 34% of the base set of 220

Topps Chrome is exactly as the name implies - chrome - highly reflective. Topps has found the cure for the chrome curl of years gone by -- very good. The design is the same as the base set - they look great. I have not seen miscut or misprinted cards.

One error card that I am aware of: Jose Fernandez - Marlins uni - Seattle logo -- uncorrected.

INSERTS

Refractors / X-Fractors

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/hdjstuff/img740_zps10c7cd00.jpg

8 refractors
4 X-fractors

Both are clearly marked 'refractor' under the number. I really like the design in the x-fractor background. I do believe the x-fractors should have been numbered - i.e. xxx/2013 - makes them a little more collectible in my eyes. There are also 1/1 X-fractors... would be very cool to pull one of these!!

Blue/Sepia Refractors

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/hdjstuff/img741_zpsa0c6bdf6.jpg
One of each
Price - blue #ed to 199
Lynn - #ed t0 75

There are other chrome colors - gold, red, and black - I am sure of in the hobby box.

Die Cuts

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/hdjstuff/img742_zps86a35131.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/hdjstuff/img744_zpsd553e7db.jpg

My favorites...

2 Close Connections
Heyward and Hamilton

Dynamic Die Cut

Dylan Bundy

'72 Topps

2 - Bundy and Skaggs

Autos

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/hdjstuff/img743_zps99b27f42.jpg

Brandon Maurer
Alfredo Marte

Both are on card blue Sharpee autos.... very well done!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Most will want this set. Topps Chrome should not be that hard to collate. It should take about 4 boxes and the boxes should render more than enough trade bait to complete the set.

The player collector will have numerous parallels to chase - especially if one chooses to include the retail boxes and their various colored parallels - orange and purple.

The autos - look fantastic.

There are SP's - close up shots of some of the players. To the best of my knowledge, I have not received any of these. There are some other inserts - game used - and game used autos out there as well.

As usual, I am partial to the die cuts. The Close Connections are not only die cut, but are refractors as well.

Overall grade A -- still want the x-fractors numbered....

Go buy a bunch of boxes and send the Rays (yes, I know they just folded in the playoffs) parallels to me- especially if you pull a Wil Myers auto.... still haven't got one of them things!!!

Duane

Scobes
10-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Looks like a fun break!

Get any Phillies? LMK. Thanks!

Scobes

ChristopherZero
10-09-2013, 06:02 PM
You hit any puigs? Or yankees stuff?

Always very fun. To read theses

bdink25
10-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Any Gerrit Cole or Andrew McCutchen?? Butch

tglg
10-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Like the Lynn and my Cardinals. Unfortunately, I don't open up anything new, and my Rays inserts are all older stuff. Thanks for the read, Tony.

zlw1
10-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Nice Bundy!

Otherwise, what do you think of Chrome reverting to similar colors from '07 topps chrome (for the autographs base set)?
Minus the stickers, they look painfully similar (as do most years recently) other than the design of the home plate, etc. I'm sticking to finest this year, and staying away from chrome.

Looking forward to hopefully reading a review of finest! Hopefully you pull a Wil Myers for your P.C.!

Zach

Phishmon23
10-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Nice break!

I've got a 2013 Topps Chrome Myers Sepia Parallel #'d /75 if you need it.

LMK
-J

hdjstuff
10-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Looks like a fun break!

Get any Phillies? LMK. Thanks!

Scobes
I'm relatively sure I do have a Phillie or 2 - which one(s) do you need?

Duane

hdjstuff
10-10-2013, 10:38 AM
You hit any puigs? Or yankees stuff?

Always very fun. To read theses

Did not get a Puig -- from what i am told the base card comes out about 1 in 3 boxes.

Have some Yanks - who do you want?

Duane

hdjstuff
10-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Any Gerrit Cole or Andrew McCutchen?? Butch

I have both base cards - post them as free.

Duane

hdjstuff
10-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Like the Lynn and my Cardinals. Unfortunately, I don't open up anything new, and my Rays inserts are all older stuff. Thanks for the read, Tony.

Lynn is yours. What Cards do you need?

Duane

hdjstuff
10-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Nice break!

I've got a 2013 Topps Chrome Myers Sepia Parallel #'d /75 if you need it.

LMK
-J

What can I get you for the Myers Sepia?

Duane

tglg
10-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Duane, Thank You. Regarding the Cardinals, I have zero Chrome, so if you have any you can part with, I would be more than happy. Thanks a bunch, Tony.
Lynn is yours. What Cards do you need?

Duane

hdjstuff
10-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Nice Bundy!

Otherwise, what do you think of Chrome reverting to similar colors from '07 topps chrome (for the autographs base set)?
Minus the stickers, they look painfully similar (as do most years recently) other than the design of the home plate, etc. I'm sticking to finest this year, and staying away from chrome.

Looking forward to hopefully reading a review of finest! Hopefully you pull a Wil Myers for your P.C.!

Zach

I'm not a Topps apologist, but I believe that they are attempting to put out a consistent product and not necessarily a creative one. In consistency, they are excellent - creative - well the HD photography helps. The backs of the cards for me are much the same on nearly every issue - some Bowman and Finest are exceptions. I like an additional picture on the reverse - I would like it to be a different pic than the front. Maybe one of these days we'll get 2 action shots on the front of the card - maybe with a diagonal line from corner to corner??

As far as Finest goes, I have only seen one card from Finest (the one that has been circulated by Topps).

Thanks for reading,

Duane

hdjstuff
10-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Duane, Thank You. Regarding the Cardinals, I have zero Chrome, so if you have any you can part with, I would be more than happy. Thanks a bunch, Tony.

I will send some - post as free.

Duane

zlw1
10-10-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm not a Topps apologist, but I believe that they are attempting to put out a consistent product and not necessarily a creative one. In consistency, they are excellent - creative - well the HD photography helps. The backs of the cards for me are much the same on nearly every issue - some Bowman and Finest are exceptions. I like an additional picture on the reverse - I would like it to be a different pic than the front. Maybe one of these days we'll get 2 action shots on the front of the card - maybe with a diagonal line from corner to corner??

As far as Finest goes, I have only seen one card from Finest (the one that has been circulated by Topps).

Thanks for reading,

Duane

To be honest, 1995 Topps may have the ugliest name designs, etc, but Mitsubishi diamond vision back pictures made those cards! Also, 1993 Finest, by far the reason I bought 2013 finest.

Scobes
10-12-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm relatively sure I do have a Phillie or 2 - which one(s) do you need?

Duane

Duane -

I need any and all as I have not gotten any of these yet. LMK. Thanks!

Scobes

bdink25
10-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Posted thanks Butch
I have both base cards - post them as free.

Duane

daktion
10-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the review Duane. I'm so glad Topps has found the cure for the chrome curl. Please LMK if you pulled any of these.

27 32 33 77 116 145

Thanks, Brett

bonzomoretti
10-14-2013, 08:25 PM
One thing I would add Duane is that they are very reflective and sturdy. They seem to be slightly thicker than previous years. I think the gloss coat is thicker. They seem to pick up fingerprints much easier too...at least from MY greasy fingers. LOL!
Get any Mets parallels?

hdjstuff
10-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the review Duane. I'm so glad Topps has found the cure for the chrome curl. Please LMK if you pulled any of these.

27 32 33 77 116 145

Thanks, Brett

I have 4 Brett - 27, 33, 77, and 145.

Post 'em.

Duane

hdjstuff
10-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Duane -

I need any and all as I have not gotten any of these yet. LMK. Thanks!

Scobes

I'll put some together. Post them as free cards.

Duane

hdjstuff
10-15-2013, 10:02 AM

27 32 33 77 116 145

Thanks, Brett

Found 3 more...

and

I have an extra of Hechavarria auto and Brantly auto (from my PC). Are they needed and if so, what can we trade?

Duane

hdjstuff
10-15-2013, 10:03 AM
One thing I would add Duane is that they are very reflective and sturdy. They seem to be slightly thicker than previous years. I think the gloss coat is thicker. They seem to pick up fingerprints much easier too...at least from MY greasy fingers. LOL!
Get any Mets parallels?

One for you and one to trade...

Duda xfractor - free,
David Wright - diecut - Connections....to trade

Duane

Scobes
10-15-2013, 07:05 PM
Duane -

Thanks alot!!! Free cards posted!

Scobes

I'll put some together. Post them as free cards.

Duane

bonzomoretti
10-16-2013, 07:07 AM
One for you and one to trade...

Duda xfractor - free,
David Wright - diecut - Connections....to trade

Duane
Duane, can offer a few Rays 2013 Topps Chromes parallels:
Refractor- 17 Rodney, 127 Price, 203 Jennings
Orange- 205 Zobrist, 202 Shields, 192 Odorizzi,
Purple- 205 Zobrist, 202 Shields, 192 Odorizzi,

I am not sure of the value of the Wright die cut so post whatever you can use or LMK and I'll dig some more. Thanks, Mike

hdjstuff
10-16-2013, 12:00 PM
Duane, can offer a few Rays 2013 Topps Chromes parallels:
Refractor- 17 Rodney, 127 Price, 203 Jennings
Orange- 205 Zobrist, 202 Shields, 192 Odorizzi,
Purple- 205 Zobrist, 202 Shields, 192 Odorizzi,

I am not sure of the value of the Wright die cut so post whatever you can use or LMK and I'll dig some more. Thanks, Mike

Mike,

How about these 4?

Rodney, Jennings, (refractors) and Orange & Purple Odorizzi

for the Wright..

If that's good for you - let's rock and roll.

Duane

hdjstuff
10-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Duane -

Thanks alot!!! Free cards posted!

Scobes

Just making sure... these are the cards with the red P on them - not the yellow P?

I found 7 that I'll be sending your way.

Duane

XZYXZY
10-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Duane:

Did you pull any Jeters?

hdjstuff
10-16-2013, 12:43 PM
Duane:

Did you pull any Jeters?

Yeah I did. Do you want one? If so, post as a free card.

Duane

XZYXZY
10-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Duane:

I have a David Price Close Connections Die Cut. I would be glad to send it to you
if you need it. Let me know.

Thanks.

hdjstuff
10-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Duane:

I have a David Price Close Connections Die Cut. I would be glad to send it to you
if you need it. Let me know.

Thanks.

Thanks - I have one already.

Duane

XZYXZY
10-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Duane:

Free Jeter card has been posted.

Thanks.

bonzomoretti
10-16-2013, 07:58 PM
Mike,

How about these 4?

Rodney, Jennings, (refractors) and Orange & Purple Odorizzi

for the Wright..

If that's good for you - let's rock and roll.

Duane

Rocked...and rolled!!!! Thanks