Review Topps Finest - '13 - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps Finest - '13 - M L B

2 Mini boxes
6 packs per box and 5 cards per pack
Every Master Box contains: 1 On-card Auto Rookie Refractor and 1 Auto Jumbo Relic Rookie Card

I received these:

50 base cards - 50% of the 100 card base set.

img751_zps916c464f.jpg

Finest MLB is a premium issue with a good looking design this year. The parallels are easily distinguished this year with the color in the 'dots' in the background. Many of the photos seem to be a little closer than they have been in the past. The front of the card is mirror-like and the reverse is glossy as well. The reverse has stats and 'Finest 2012 Performance'. The numbering of the cards is easily read and the word 'refractor' is also found on the top righthand portion of the card.

Inserts/Parallels

Refractors

img752_zpse0473336.jpg
Regular refractors - 4x
X-Fractors - 2x
Green Refractor - 1 - #ed to 199 - Beltre

1993 Design

img753_zpse64b138a.jpg
Jared Weaver

Jumbo Relic/Auto

img755_zpsf0c0015f.jpg

Avisail Garcia

Cool looking auto!!

Orange Refractor Auto

img754_zps2f52bb3c.jpg

Dylan Bundy - #ed to 99

Is this card good looking or what????????

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is a player collectors issue if I have ever seen one... Topps Finest provides a number of parallel colors, relics - both uni's and bats, and autos of all kinds -- lots to choose from and lots to chase.

The auto I received is a blue Sharpee on card - excellent looking card. I have seen redemption autos and redemption jumbo relic cards pulled from boxes. One soapbox point -- if the auto is not readily available, don't even put the redemption card in the boxes.... too many things can happen - feller decides not to sign as many as needed, the wonderful USPS can lose or damage a card -- rant over!

The set builder should not have a difficult time building this set. One receives 50 or so base cards in the 2 mini boxes. Now the refractor set builders might have a small mountain to climb - with 4 or 5 regular refractors and 2 x-fractors per master and I don't even want to guess how hard it would be to build one of the sets numbered to just 25....

Overall grade A+ good design!!

Go buy a bunch of master boxes and send the Rays parallels to me!!

Duane

They are pretty cards!
You did as good in 1 box as I did in 2 boxes. Still needs 35 cards for my set, but I'm working on a trade.

Duane,
I would like the base Orioles you pulled maybe we can add them in with the Morse from Bowman Chrome. Let me know if you decide to part with the Bundy. I can get you a list of Rays auto if you want
Thanks,
Trish

Dennis - I struck out in Finest. I do have - a Blue '13 Chrome Trout #1 -- numbered to #199 if you are interested.

Duane

My daughter would love it. Lmk what your looking for in return. No idea on bv of it though. Have some Rays xfractors and refractors and I think a purple refractor of a Rays player.

Thanks and lmk,
Dennis