Review 2013 Topps Prime - N F L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2013 Topps Prime - N F L

10 packs - 6 cards per pack
4 Hits per box - 2 Relics, 1 Auto'd Relic and 1 Auto

I received the following:

48 unique base cards - NO DUPES -- YES!!!!

img765_zps4a32fd2c.jpg

Prime is a higher end NFL product. The cards are thicker than normal base cards. The photography is full bleed with no border (be careful handling them - if you might get one graded.) The base cards have silver foil embossing and the reverse has personal stats and career NFL stats. Also one will find The Stage and the Performance under the heading of Prime-Time Performance. The numbering of the cards is small with 6,8 and 9 sometimes harder to distinguish (i.e. 89, 99, 69, etc...)

I like the photography in this issue - most of the players are actually shown playing the game with other players on the card (as opposed to all the other players and the field removed.) Well Done!!

Parallels

Gold, Gold #ed, and Bronze #ed

2 Golds - Cobb and Sproules

1 #ed Gold - J. Hunter - #ed to 250
1 #ed Bronze - T. Williams #ed to 350

img766_zpsf236233c.jpg

Prime Performance and Prime Timers

img767_zpsa5306737.jpg

2 Prime Timers - White and Cruz
1 Prime Performance - Richardson

Primed Rookies

img768_zps00130c6f.jpg

T. Williams

Relics / Autos

img769_zps19c641f1.jpg

Both of Giovani Bernard

The auto is # 25/99 - his jersey # -- does this make it a 1/1 and worth thousands of dollars???
The jersey is #ed to 170

Quad Relic

img770_zps730ddce0.jpg

Cordarelle Patterson #ed to 94

Quad Relic and Auto

img771_zpsb180229a.jpg

Eddie Lacy #ed to 449

Topps Prime - very good issue for the player collector - and for the set builder/collector - one will probably need a minimum of 4 boxes to complete the base set. The player collector has numerous parallels to chase along with autos and relics. Don't really know why there is a gold unnumbered parallel (the back is a bit darker than the base card) and a numbered gold parallel. I like parallels to be numbered (preferably on the reverse of the card - not the front.)

The rookie cards are clearly marked with the RC embossed logo on the front of the card - easy to spot.

The 2 Bernard cards - 2 slightly different pics - well done!! (not so much with the sticker auto - but still well done!) Giovani Bernard seems to have taken writing lessons from Wil Myers....

Overall grade A might be pretty tough to build the master set with all of the parallels involved.

Go buy several boxes and see if you can start the master set...

Duane

Topps Prime is an A+ in my book.
Interested in the bernard & Lacy autos. I have Hamilton, Longoria &Price autos to trade. Also, lmk if your looking for other player autos in baseball.

Thanks for the review Duane. This is a nice product. I don't like that you got the same player on two premium cards from one box. Please LMK if you pulled any of these.

15 17 20 31 89 104 140

Thanks, Brett