Review U S Olympic and Paralympic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
U S Olympic and Paralympic

24 packs - 8 cards per pack
Each box includes one US Team Olympic auto and 2 relic cards

I received the following:

One complete base set - 100 cards - plus 38 extra cards

img802_zps80a8a9d9.jpg

This issue, US Olympic and Paralympic, is a pretty cool looking set of cards. I am not normally a fan of the artistic type cards - but these are executed well. The cards are bright for lack of a better term. The names are clear and the athlete's chosen sport is well defined. The cards have a glossy front and the reverse has a write up on the athlete and their career.

Inserts

img803_zps5171fbe7.jpg

Gold medal parallels - 4x
Silver medal parallels - 12x
Bronze medal parallels - 24x

img804_zps06247edb.jpg

3 Event cards
2 Venue cards
1 Olympic history card

Relics / Auto

img805_zps5c1dde31.jpg

Max Aaron
Nick Goepper

img806_zps101a9df6.jpg

Steve Langston - Bobsled

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

This issue is a fun type issue. One can keep their cards handy when the Olympics come on the tube to determine if you have the Gold, Silver or Bronze parallel of the US athlete that wins the particular event. These could also be a teaching tool - not only for the young but for the older folks that are not familiar with a particular sport - for me - Skeleton....

One could also collect athletes from their state, city, school, or even by birthday... You will probably need some help to complete the gold medal set and the silver medal set - not quite so much on the bronze.

The auto card is designed well - blue Sharpee - sticker.

Overall grade A --- well done!

Go pick up several boxes and pull for the US to win all of the Gold medals!!!

Duane

Looks like an interesting set, I like how you will most likely get a full set out of one box.

hdjstuff - I have the following Texas Rangers card's for trade:
2012 Topps Historical Stiches: Josh Hamilton
2012 A&G Mini Relic Mitch Moreland
2011 Topps Lineage Relic Elvis Andrus
2007 MLB Artifacts Relic Hank Blalock

LMK if you need any of these for the Gold and Silver

duane,

thank you for doing this reveiw. I like the cards but dont see me really buying this set because it just is not my style. Let me know if there are any womans ice hockey or lolo jones cards that no one wants or needs. as always thank you again for all you do for the collectors

hdjstuff - I have the following Texas Rangers card's for trade:
2012 Topps Historical Stiches: Josh Hamilton
2012 A&G Mini Relic Mitch Moreland
2011 Topps Lineage Relic Elvis Andrus
2007 MLB Artifacts Relic Hank Blalock

LMK if you need any of these for the Gold and Silver

I have 10 silver and 4 gold for you. If you want to part with the Hamilton -- that would be fine, if not, that's ok. Post as free.

Duane