Review Topps 75th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps 75th

24 packs - 8 cards per pack
4 guaranteed hits per box - 3 Celebrity autos and 1 authentic buy back card

I received these:

One complete base set - 100 cards plus 57 duplicates.

img813_zps4eb1b5ab.jpg

Topps 75th is a rather unique set of cards. (Unfortunately, I remember 98% of the TV series that are part of the set.) The fronts of the cards are a trip down memory lane for many of us and the reverse (with dates) reminds us how old we really are! There is a 3D card, sci-fi cards, westerns, portraits of great actors/actresses, comics, animated series cards, movie cards, - just a plethora of Hollywood,
American, and Topps history - all in one set.

Inserts

Refractor/Mirror parallels -- Mini's

img814_zpsd248453c.jpg

4 minis
24 mirror parallels received

Silver Sparkle

img815_zpsee8ac9ae.jpg

Locomotive 999 - #ed to 75

Buy Backs

img816_zps4924184a.jpg

img817_zps284b93df.jpg

I believe that both of these are buy backs - Simpsons and Mork and Mindy. The reverse of each is shown - neither of which bears any resemblance to other cards in the set. Also each has a gold Topps 75th logo.

SP

img818_zps39d14ddf.jpg

Adam 12
Has a red outlined front and a different back.

Autos

img819_zpsb9e5096e.jpg

Jim Starr
Joyce Dewitt
Barbara Feldon

Topps 75th cool set of cards - as mentioned earlier - a nice trip down memory lane.

I like the mirror cards. They are printed on white stock and look great! To collate one of these sets, one would need 4-5 boxes at a minimum to have enough for the set. This would also give you enough to trade and some to sell to recoup some of your investment, but it would be a good looking set to own.

The autos - all stickers and they look good. The auto cards are well designed for the stickers.

Overall grade A

Go buy a few boxes to see what celeb autos you get!

Thanks for the review Duane. This looks like a nice trip down memory lane. Adam 12 was one of my favorite shows growing up (that and SWAT) I can't find a checklist anywhere. Would love any of tv shows or movies from your duplicates.

-Brett

Thanks for the review Duane. This looks like a nice trip down memory lane. Adam 12 was one of my favorite shows growing up (that and SWAT) I can't find a checklist anywhere. Would love any of tv shows or movies from your duplicates.

-Brett

Should be some... Post them as free.

Merry Christmas!

Duane

Thanks for the review Duane. I usually don't deviate from Baseball cards, but these look to cool to me (grew up in the 1970s) to pass on them.

Thanks for the compliment on my list....I keep everything in Excel and the list I made of Rays players is copied from there and paste into Notepad before I out it up my Google site. Takes about 30 seconds to make a list like that if I have it in Excel to begin with.

How much BV were you looking for on the set?

I am sure we can work something out. --- I'm also impressed with the list that you can pull up. That's pretty cool.

Duane

Great review Duane, my son is a huge train fan, what can I get you for the silver sparkle (and any other train related cards that may have been in the box).

PLMK and Merry Christmas!

Thanks for the compliment on my list....I keep everything in Excel and the list I made of Rays players is copied from there and paste into Notepad before I out it up my Google site. Takes about 30 seconds to make a list like that if I have it in Excel to begin with.

How much BV were you looking for on the set?

Guessing ...base set probably $30-$35 and the auto probably $10 - $15. Is that fair?

Duane

DUane-

Thanks for the offer but it turns out I got a couple of boxes for Christmas, so I won't be needing the set...but I will let you know if I will still be trading for the DeWitt auto.

Guessing ...base set probably $30-$35 and the auto probably $10 - $15. Is that fair?

Duane