Review 2013 Bowman Sterling - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2013 Bowman Sterling - M L B​

6 packs - 4 cards per pack
3 autos in every pack!!!

I received these:

img830_zpsf708ae92.jpg

3 base cards
Britton
Arcia
Walker - Bowman Sterling Prospect

One Parallel

img831_zps280f6b51.jpg

Gyorko #ed to 199

This is a premium issue and one that is well done ( the cards are a bit dark for scanning, but in hand look great!) I doubt that I have ever said this before, but 3 base cards and 18 autos? WOW! I know that Topps collectors like to get autos and the collecting public has fewer fellers like me that put sets together for some strange reason - anyway - WOW!

The base cards have Sterling Stats, personal stats, and Rookie Revelations. The cards have a mirror finish (sterling!) and look very good. Nice design on the front - might want to move the team name somewhere else on the card for someone to be able to actually read it....

Inserts

img832_zps7504af83.jpg

Torii Hunter reprint
Hensley/Marrero - The Duel

Autos

img835_zpse8b7d286.jpg

img836_zps0c043073.jpg
img834_zps6bc01bba.jpg

img833_zps90245160.jpg

2 Parallel Autos

img837_zps9d625c9b.jpg
Andrew Thurman #ed to 125
Austin Meadows #ed to 150

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The autos - they are beautiful!!! On card and they all look great. There might be others, but from the autos I have ( I also purchased one box) only 3 have been stickers (unfortunately one of them is Wil Myers who has yet to learn how to write.... )

Many of these players, I personally have not heard of - yet. Hopefully, after being stored for a few years, one will find a few jewels in the pile. The rookie collector will go crazy with these cards - lots of rookies.

The only possible draw back might be the cost of the boxes - here in O'do, one is looking at, at the very least, $250 per box - a bit stiff, but one does receive 18 autos... excellent!

Overall grade A+ this might be one of the few issues that the commons are more valuable than the autos....

Go buy several boxes and send the Wil Myers cards to me - even though he can't write!

Duane

On card autos - YES!!! Unfortunately, I cannot see me spending $250 a box, so I will have to wait for something else. I do see a St. Louis Cardinals player, but like you, not sure I know who he is. Probably a wait and see box like you said. Great article and I love reading these. Thanks again, Tony.