Review 2014 Topps Heritage M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2014 Topps Heritage M L B

24 packs // 9 cards per pack // Box topper
One Relic or Auto in each box

I received the following:

img881_zps6b0da1bd.jpg
188 unique base cards of the 425 base set - 44%
4 duplicates...
9 SP's - #'s 426-500 -- 12% of the SP portion

This year's Heritage is in the 1965 style. Cards are printed on off white stock with a matte finish. The base cards have a close up (posed shot) of the player. The SSP version of some have an action photo. There are other SSP's with different logos - for example - the Nationals and a 'W'. Another version is the black back version - I have only seen these on the 'bay.

The reverse of the card is also in the '65 style. There are complete stats of the player.

Inserts

Chrome Parallels

img882_zps001dfc8c.jpg

Tulo #ed to 999
Santana - refractor - #ed to 565

First Draft

img885_zps4b1b5253.jpg

N. Ryan
J. Bench

Then and Now
New Age Performer

img883_zpsd7526a16.jpg

3 New Age
2 Then and Now

Flashbacks

img884_zps374f38fe.jpg

2 Baseball
2 News

Box Topper

img886_zps51e197e9.jpg

Chico Salmon - buy back
This is just about as 'rough' of a card as I have seen....

Relic

img887_zpsd752eec5.jpg

Wade Boggs - g/u jsy

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Heritage is again a hit with many collectors - especially set builders. Chasing the various SP's and SSP's can be a major headache - but then there is Tylenol. Topps does an excellent recreation of the '65 set in this year's Heritage. Player collectors and team collectors will have a good number of cards to chase. The chrome, chrome refractors, and the black chromes (and purple chromes) to name some of the parallels to hunt for.

Also included in the boxes (although not in mine - Jeff Levitsky helped me) are mini's numbered to 100. So far, I have ripped 4 boxes and only have found one. The mini set might be one heck of a set to collate and I would lay odds that there will be fewer than 10 ever collated....

Real One autos are included as well - both blue and red versions - the autos are on card - well done!!

Overall grade A

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays parallels to me (especially Wil Myers - even though he can't write - he can still play one heck of a game!)

Duane

Great job on the Heritage box. I like the variety you can pull. I did pull a Bo Jackson Gold Embossed boxtopper #09/25. I've seen (1) on ebay asking $449 BIN. I'd consider moving if your interested.
Yhanks!!

Great job on the Heritage box. I like the variety you can pull. I did pull a Bo Jackson Gold Embossed boxtopper #09/25. I've seen (1) on ebay asking $449 BIN. I'd consider moving if your interested.
Yhanks!!

I don't think I am a buyer, but if it were me, I'd have that puppy on ebay.... Nice pull!!

Duane

Thanks for the review Duane. This is the set I most look forward to every year. I like the '65 design, and the flashbcks are cool, but i prefer action shots rather than close ups or posed. Please LMK if you pulled any of these.

8 27 34 37 38 45 53 61 63 69 71 88 99 112 118 129 146 161 212 252 268 276 286 305 352 355 361 365 369 416

Thanks, Brett

Awesome reveiw duane I just picked up a pacj of thesr . I think this is a set I am going to look forward to now. I saw a picture of the indians cards before fell in love with it. Husk you again Duane. Ley me know if you have any of the tribe available in this I would love to get a hold of more

Awesome reveiw duane I just picked up a pacj of thesr . I think this is a set I am going to look forward to now. I saw a picture of the indians cards before fell in love with it. Husk you again Duane. Ley me know if you have any of the tribe available in this I would love to get a hold of more

I should have a few Indians...

Post the trade - Indians for the Longo you had for me.

Duane

Duane,

I've pulled a Wal*Mart Blue Longoria, and Purple Chrome Matt Moore and Longoria. Pull any of these?

New Age Performers Set Checklist
NAP-BH Bryce Harper
NAP-CD Chris Davis
NAP-CG Carlos Gomez
NAP-CK Clayton Kershaw
NAP-HR Hyun-Jin Ryu
NAP-MH Matt Harvey
NAP-MS Max Scherzer
NAP-MT Mike Trout
NAP-MW Michael Wacha
NAP-PA Pedro Alvarez
NAP-PG Paul Goldschmidt
NAP-SS Stephen Strasburg
NAP-WM Wil Myers
NAP-YD Yu Darvish
NAP-YP Yasiel Puig

Then and Now Set Checklist
TAN-CC Roberto Clemente - Miguel Cabrera
TAN-GW Bob Gibson - Adam Wainwright
TAN-KD Sandy Koufax - Yu Darvish
TAN-MC Juan Marichal - Bartolo Colon
TAN-MD Willie Mays - Chris Davis
TAN-MV Willie McCovey - Joey Votto
TAN-RD Frank Robinson - Chris Davis
TAN-WE Maury Wills - Jacoby Ellsbury

Duane,

I've pulled a Wal*Mart Blue Longoria, and Purple Chrome Matt Moore and Longoria. Pull any of these?

NAP-BH Bryce Harper
NAP-CD Chris Davis
NAP-CG Carlos Gomez
NAP-CK Clayton Kershaw
NAP-HR Hyun-Jin Ryu
NAP-MH Matt Harvey
NAP-MS Max Scherzer
NAP-MT Mike Trout
NAP-MW Michael Wacha
NAP-PA Pedro Alvarez
NAP-PG Paul Goldschmidt
NAP-SS Stephen Strasburg
NAP-WM Wil Myers
NAP-YD Yu Darvish
NAP-YP Yasiel Puig

I don't have my cards in front of me but I do believe that there are several of your wants in my box. I will check in the morning.

Maybe someone can answer this question. I just purchased a Blaster Box of 8 packs at my Walmart and in each pack was one of those purple looking refractors.

I got Harvey, Verlander, A. Jones, Cain, Chapman, Fielder, Posey, Machado

Is this common or just a fluke?

Dave

Maybe someone can answer this question. I just purchased a Blaster Box of 8 packs at my Walmart and in each pack was one of those purple looking refractors.

Dave
You got yourself a hot box. Each hobby case had one with a purple refractor in every pack (24 in total). They must have done something similar with the blaster boxes.

Thanks,

Jeff

Dave

I've opened up a couple blasters and got one like that too. Not sure what the odds of that are.

Out of six blasters, those are the only purple refractors I've gotten. Not one in any of the other five boxes.

Duane,

NAP-BH Bryce Harper
NAP-CD Chris Davis
NAP-CG Carlos Gomez
NAP-CK Clayton Kershaw
NAP-HR Hyun-Jin Ryu
NAP-MH Matt Harvey
NAP-MS Max Scherzer
NAP-MT Mike Trout
NAP-MW Michael Wacha
NAP-PA Pedro Alvarez
NAP-PG Paul Goldschmidt
NAP-SS Stephen Strasburg
NAP-WM Wil Myers
NAP-YD Yu Darvish
NAP-YP Yasiel Puig

Duane, Wanted to check back in and see if you had any of these for me? I still have these three Rays to send your way.