Review Opening Day - 2014 - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Opening Day - 2014 - M L B

36 packs // 7 cards per pack
'Look for Autos and Relics'

I received these:

img888_zps6fd5651c.jpg

202 unique base cards of the 220 set -- nearly 92% of the set - well done - no dupes!!!

In the vein of it's big brother, Opening Day is just like the Topps base set. Bright white and glossy with action photos and an 'Opening Day' logo on each card.

Inserts

Numbered Blue Foil

img889_zpscc9615f7.jpg

12 each numbered to 2014

Talk about a good looking parallel!! Well done!

Fired Up // Breaking Out

img890_zps4cb4dffe.jpg

7 Fired Up
7 Breaking Out

Mascot

img892_zps1c3f15d2.jpg

8 Mascots
1 Hug a Mascot

Superstar Celebrations

img891_zps3ee384fc.jpg

7 Superstar Celebrations

Opening Day Stars

img893_zps18ffc3b2.jpg

7 - '3-D' Opening Day Stars

Auto

img894_zpsc1437348.jpg
Marcell Ozuna

Topps Opening Day - what an issue! I really like this year's version of Opening Day. The inserts are excellent - the blue foil cards are a bit sturdier than the regular card and look fantastic (This could be one of the first parallel sets that I attempt to collate - who knows?)

The Fired Up and Breaking Out inserts are also extremely well done - look fantastic!

My favorite - the 3D Opening Day Stars... WOW - maybe it's just me, but I really like these cards - nearly as much as I like 'clear' cards. The 3D cards are about twice as thick as the regular base card with rounded corners.

I was fortunate in receiving an auto - it's a sticker auto (as it should be in an issue of this price point) - blue Sharpee on a card designed specifically for the sticker auto -- well done!

Overall grade A++ could be my favorite issue of the year!

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays parallels to me!!

Duane

Duane, Would love to get the Between the Innings insert Hug a Mascot and any other O's inserts/parallels that you may have pulled.
Thanks,
Trish

just bought a pack, and i agree its a good looking set. i thought they did a great job with the inserts. get many pirates?

Lmk what I can get you for the Trout base card, daughter needs one for her PC. I have a tradelist posted in the baseball ft/fs section here. Can send you a link to it if you want.

Thanks,
Dennis

Duane, need any and all Mets...get any? Mr. Met? I wasn't planning on purchasing any but your review may get me to get a blaster or 2. CURSE YOU DUANE! LOL! Thanks