Sticky tape residue on Toploaders??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pmanningsfan73

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Anyone have any idea how I can get the sticky tape residue off toploaders? I have a bag full of used toploaders that have tape residue on them & would like to clean them up to reuse them. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

I use goo-gone but don't let it get on the inside of the toploader, it will destroy a card over time.

Can you buy that at like Wally World or Targets? You just put a little on a old rag or paper towel & wipe with it?

I can get little containers at the dollar store. A little bit goes a long way. I apply a little bit, let it work for a minute and then wipe it off downward towards the closed end of the toploader. If the residue is really bad I may have to repeat.

Thanks for the suggestion bonzo & greatdadx but what about the smell of the WD-40? Beachbum I'm thinking this may be the way to go so I might hit up the ol DG here in town. Thanks everyone so far!

Thanks for the suggestion bonzo & greatdadx but what about the smell of the WD-40? Beachbum I'm thinking this may be the way to go so I might hit up the ol DG here in town. Thanks everyone so far!
It evaporates w/o odor. Just put a little on a rag and rub it off. Doesn't take much.

It evaporates w/o odor. Just put a little on a rag and rub it off. Doesn't take much.
Sounds good & I already have a can of it around the house lol. Thanks!

Goo gone is my first choice. If you have Citrasolve or any cleaner with citronella in it, that works too….
I will try that also once I get some of it. Thanks!

I also use goo-gone. instead of rag or paper towel I tried makeup removal or fingernail polish removal pads. they are cotton and the goo-gone doesn't spread thru the pad and evaporate a fast and lasts longer. I bought big bottle at walmart with spray top but all are right, a little bit works. I recently cleaned about 200 top loaders and used not even a couple of ounces of goo-gone.