Review Bowman Chrome - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Bowman Chrome - M L B

18 Packs // 4 cards per pack
'2 Chrome Autos in Every Box!'

I received these in this hobby box:

img105_zps38b4a8b2.jpg

27 current players of the 220 card set - no dupes - 12% of the set

img104_zps3ab8e039.jpg

34 Bowman Chrome Prospects - 34% of the 100 card set - no duplicates!

Bowman Chrome MLB - excellent issue - (I want more cards in the box!) -- I am a Bowman collector and set builder and have been since 1991 and 1992.... having stated that... This issue has different backs than in any previous issues. The front is designed a bit differently, and the cards are stiff and highly reflective - (duh... that's why they are called CHROME!) The reverse has (on current players cards) various charts including BA vs RHP/LHP, Minor League chart, Batting Avg., Scouting Profile, Organizational Ranks, and Bowmanscout Insight. Also included are personal stats and overall draft position.

Bowman Chrome is a great issue for the player collector, base set builder, and the rookie collector - not so much for the master set builder ( refractors, blue refractors, gold, black, red, and 1/1 and I probably missed one or 2.) Bowman collectors - especially the rookie and 1st card collectors - can go back several years, look in the boxes with dust on them, and find those sweet gems that have been long forgotten.

When collating the cards received, one curious note - the BCP cards were all in numerical order and in groups -- (the same thing happened in the jumbo box I ripped.) This has not happened to me before this issue. Not a gripe - just a curiosity.

Inserts/Parallels

Refractors

Regular
img106_zps7511827c.jpg

2 received - both #ed to just 500 -- VERY WELL done - thank you for the numbering!!

J. Castro and K. Jansen

Blue and Gold Refractors

img107_zps5252a025.jpg

S. Castro #ed to 250
J. Castro #ed to 50

Kind of a 'Castro' box....

Mini/Die Cut Mini

img111_zpsf513e3be.jpg

Both are refractors (I believe all minis are refractors)

Regular mini - Clint Frazier
Die Cut mini - Julio Arias - #ed to 150

Bowman Reprint - Sparkle

img108_zpsd6ff524c.jpg

Jose Fernandez

Dualing Die Cuts / Flaming Die Cut

img110_zps9354ac24.jpg

Austin Meadows/ Clint Frazier
Andrew Heaney

Be careful with the Dualing Die Cut insert - it will be easily dinged putting it in a sleeve. The Flaming Die Cut looks pretty good, but is too dark - can't read the name on the front of the card.

Autos

img112_zps6d53f1df.jpg

Dom Nunez - Rockies
Devin Williams - Brewers

Both are blue Sharpee - ON CARD - autos - very well done!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Overall grade A - would have liked to have received a few more cards (maybe 24 packs of 4?)

Go buy several boxes (especially if you're going to make a set) and send the below .500 Rays :confused: to me!!

Duane

I like the new look on the back of the cards, very slick looking set this year. Thanks for the review:)

I really liked the Bowman Chrome release this year as well. First year I ever bought any BC hobby boxes & was very happy with both my boxes which can be seen in the box break section of the forum. Thanks for the review!