Review Major League Soccer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER

24 packs per box - 8 cards per pack
2 autos and 1 jumbo relic per box

Base cards

I received 165 unique base cards of the 200 card set along with 5 duplicates. Major League Soccer is printed on bright white stock with a glossy front - the reverse is a matte finish. The design is simple and not overpowering with the player as the focal point (not a design element like some other cards have!) Pictures are sharp. The team logo is a bit small.

For MLS fans out there and they seem to be a growing group, (especially here in Orlando), this is an excellent issue to learn more about the players and the various teams. Also included in the issue are team cards - the last 35 cards in the set.

To the best of my knowledge, and I have attempted to find variations in any of the cards that I have received, there are variations in the set. Sorry, I don't know what those variations are - I did receive 2 cards numbered '35' -- hearkening back to many moons ago when card numbering was, shall I say, challenging at best!

Blue / Orange Parallels

Blue #ed to 99 - Nocerino (Orlando), Boateng (LA), Fagundez (Under 24)
Orange #ed to 25 - Zusi (KC)

Give and Go

Double sided card -- cool looking cards - 3x

Back of the Net

6x - Wright-Phillips, Piatti, Kamara, Valeri, Pontius, Wondolowski

Topps Traditions

Scan73_zpswtq074iz.jpg

4x - Valeri, Kamara, Pirlo, Diaz

Jumbo Relic

Michael Barrios #ed to 60

Autos

Dominic Oduro #ed to 459
Thomas McNamara - Orange - #ed to 25

Both autos are stickers - on cards designed for stickers - done well.

Overall grade A still not sure what the variations are!

Go buy a box or 3 - see what variations you might pull!

Duane