Review Topps Archives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps Archives Baseball

24 packs // 8 cards per pack
Exclusive Derek Jeter Retrospective Cards
2 On-Card autos per box

I received the following:

Base

Total of 176 unique base cards were received of the set of 300. ( I purchased an additional box - must have purchased a parallel box -- got maybe 5 extra cards for the set -- kind of frustrating!)

The base set of 300 Archives is made up of reprint styles from 1960, 1982, and 1992 respectively. It is done well and seems to even use the same type of card stock that was originally used.

The 300 card set has current players, rookies, and retired players as well - Ruth, Aaron, Mays, Ryan, etc.. It is a great set for the younger collector to start on to learn more about the rich history of the great game of baseball. It is also a good issue for the storied collector to reminisce about the history of the game.

'60 Topps Base
Scan1_zpsztedzzow.jpg

82' Topps Base

Front
Scan20001_zpsimthoztv.jpg
Reverse
Scan20002_zps9cdnik7e.jpg

'92 Topps Base
Front
Scan30001_zpsgrzz9hk0.jpg

Reverse
Scan30002_zpsoyafq890.jpg

Rookie Stars
Scan9_zpslavboiyi.jpg

Benintendi and Dahl
10 cards in the set

Peach / Blue Parallels
Scan4_zpsq5uqldoo.jpg

Whitey Ford #ed to 199
Johnny Cueto #ed to 75

Retro Originals
Scan50001_zpsc1sdzwtx.jpg

Bettis and Scherzer

'59 Bazooka
Scan3_zpsjivywpnv.jpg

Kaline, Glavine, Bregman, Bryant, Visquel

Jeter Retrospective

Scan6_zpsxxxdqz4a.jpg

DJ-5, DJ-13, DJ-17

Fan Archives Autos
Scan80001_zpsugjlvhv0.jpg
Kevin Seitzer

Scan80002_zpsck3q8nee.jpg
Bob 'Spaceman' Lee

Archives also has some variations - such as grey backs, glossy backs, peach (some say light red), blue, etc.... The '59 Bazookas - some have autos, as well as some of the Rookie Stars are auto'd. I am told in the retail version of Archives there are coins... something else to chase!!!

There is something for nearly anyone who collects sets, players, rookies, variations, parallels, or autographs.

***Anyone looking to complete a set or help me complete mine, I have a ton of duplicate base.****

Overall grade A

Go buy several boxes - complete your set - trade with me - and/or send your Rays colored parallels to me!!

Duane

Last edited:
Are you going to rip any Finest this year? If so, I'll trade for a Rays parallel or Rays refractor - if not, post it as free...

Duane

What about a 2015 Topps First Home Run Medallion Evan Longoria? I want to give you something but I have never bought finest and don't an on it this year.

Thanks,

Jeff