39th National Sports Collectors Convention, Wed. Aug. 1-Sun. Aug. 5, Cleveland, OH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HockeyBrawler

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
Awww yeah, less than six months from the big one!

Who's going?

Arron (elmesero5) and I will be driving up from Texas and hounding the hell out of some minor league baseball games on the drive up, during the show, and on the drive back.

No word yet on autograph guests, but they should start announcing them soon.

http://www.nsccshow.com

Believe Fresno has a flight to Dallas, TX

It does, I've taken it before. Had to fly out there to broadcast an NAHL game when the Fresno Monsters and Wichita Falls Wildcats were in the league.

Don't expect a National in Texas though: they need a place that has at least 300,000 square feet of floor space, limited union restrictions on setup and takedown, hotels and an airport close to the space (attached or nearby public transit is a plus), and a guarantee that they can book at least a year in advance without being bumped for something more lucrative. Many places around the country are unwilling to do that last one-- hence why the show is in Cleveland, Chicago, and Atlantic City now, and rarely anywhere outside that loop.

My preview of the show: http://dfwautographs.blogspot.com/2018/03/the-national-2018-preview.html

Wow! The 39th Annual Sport collectors convention. Believe it or not, I attended the 2nd one in Detroit in 1981. Sizewise that show would be comparable to a good sized local show like the one they used to have at the Polish Center in Albany in the 1990s........Boots and a few others would probably understand the comparison.

The fact I was at the 2nd convention means two things. One, I am kind of like an O.G. of sports cards and two .........I'M OLD!! !

As much as I would like to, I will not be going this year. I think the only real chance I have of getting back to The National is if it comes back to Baltimore.

Wow! The 39th Annual Sport collectors convention. Believe it or not, I attended the 2nd one in Detroit in 1981. Sizewise that show would be comparable to a good sized local show like the one they used to have at the Polish Center in Albany in the 1990s........Boots and a few others would probably understand the comparison.

The fact I was at the 2nd convention means two things. One, I am kind of like an O.G. of sports cards and two .........I'M OLD!! !

I DO remember those shows that Ed Keetz used to run at the P.C.C. on Washington Avenue Extension. I went to my first one in October of 1986 as I was re-introduced to my childhood hobby by a client of mine. Some of those shows were H-U-G-E. Hundreds of dealers and tables, always an autograph guest or two. I remember one show he did (which actually was NOT held at the P.C.C. but rather at what was then the Schenectady City Center) at which he had Joe DiMaggio AND Mickey Mantle signing, sitting side by side! I used to attend them regularly through the late 80's early 90's. They still hold shows now, but Keetz has turned to over to someone else. I've only gone to one or two in the last few years, but was pleasantly surprised that at the last one I went to (a few months ago) the majority of the dealers seemed to have vintage stuff.
Have never been to a National and, while I'd like to go, we are usually on vacation at Cape Cod. Maybe if it comes back to Atlantic city I can convince my wife to go to the Jersey Shore (doubtful) so I could run up to it!

Boots