So...You want to be a player Super Collector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Id like to be considered for Barry Zito, I just about have my site complete, just uploaded Scans but my list are pretty much correct, I didnt list any non-licensed stuff for my total number, I acutally thought I had more than I did, but with over a 1000+ cards, actually just bought a lot of 700!! so will be adding that as soon as I get them!! Hopefully my number will increase!:D

Please check my site and let me know what I need to add!

My collection is listed in my "tradelist section"

Thanks

Id like to be considered for Barry Zito, I just about have my site complete, just uploaded Scans but my list are pretty much correct, I didnt list any non-licensed stuff for my total number, I acutally thought I had more than I did, but with over a 1000+ cards, actually just bought a lot of 700!! so will be adding that as soon as I get them!! Hopefully my number will increase!:D

Please check my site and let me know what I need to add!

My collection is listed in my "tradelist section"

Thanks

Everything you need to know about applying for a SC status, is in the very first post of this thread.

Having some problems with my web site. Can I send someone either a text file or excel file with my Larkin stats/cards? I think my collection is getting pretty good....over 42% including these highlights:

9 different of the 2005 Sweet Spot Autos...
Dual Bat Barrel #d 15: Griffey and Ripken
Dual Red/Blue Stitch #d 15: Griffey and Ripken
Dual Red Stitch #d 25: Griffey
Dual Glove #d 10: Ripken (Just picked up on Ebay...in the mail!!!)
Larkin Ball #d to 175, 75
Larkin Barrel #d 15

2008 Prime Cuts Quad Autos #d 10: Rose/Bench/Morgan/Larkin

UPDATE...I have the Larkin page up on my www in my sig but the links for pictures aren't working yet...work in progress...

Thanks and LMK,
Steve

Last edited:
Pics are not required, just the need/have list. If you are still having trouble with your site, just copy past the list into a new post/thread here and include the link to that thread in your application.

Tal

Super Collector status

Hi I am awaiting the outcome of the Vote
For my Ozzie Canseco SC sorry to be impatient I was just curious..
Thanks
~Chris

Hi I am awaiting the outcome of the Vote
For my Ozzie Canseco SC sorry to be impatient I was just curious..
Thanks
~Chris

All applicants are notified by PM as to the outcome of the vote. We have a few mods who are away right now so sometimes the vote can take longer.

Steph

I am ready to resubmit for super collector of
Ozzie Canseco
I now have 32 of 40
1 jersey
1 autographed photo
numerous pics
and a site with haves and needs in my sig
lmk
Chris

Ozzie Canseco
I now have 32 of 40
1 jersey
1 autographed photo
numerous pics
lmk
Chris

I am going to be honest with you. It is very hard to get super collector status when your player only has 40 issued cards.

Ozzie Canseco
I now have 38 of 40
1 custom jersey card
1 jersey
2 autographed photo
1 auto'd mlbb
numerous pics
lmk
Chris

Why would that be, as you are assumably a voting member and can help sway a vote?

It would appear to me that there can't be super collectors of common players who debuted before the glut of cards being issued for even the most common of commons by that definition. Spiff has a fantastic collection of Jon Matlack that only had a little over 100 items, considering Matlack had a decent career! Why not Ozzie?

I'd say following a player like Ozzie Canseco, who did nothing to speak of at the MLB level, and obtaining nearly everything there is is the essence of super collecting in my mind.

It seems more dedicated to me than yet ANOTHER "super collector" of fill in the blank recent hottest___________ superstar, who has 1500 of 15000 cards issued.

I am going to be honest with you. It is very hard to get super collector status when your player only has 40 issued cards.

Last edited:
I totally agree. I think it is great when collectors take an obscure player and get 100% of what Beckett lists plus many unlisted and non-card items.