So...You want to be a player Super Collector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

This is just tossing out an idea, not knowing how much would be involved in making it happen OR if there would even be interest, but could an avatar of the subject player be made/used and if so, would people prefer that over a logo?

For example, Loyalty would now have an Avatar with Dawson's portrait on it. Ragtop would have Bonds, etc.

Unless that breaks licensing rules for using a players image, that might be a cool little way to seperate them from the pack.

I actually like that idea. Not sure how doable it is. Mark would have to answer that question for you.

This is just tossing out an idea, not knowing how much would be involved in making it happen OR if there would even be interest, but could an avatar of the subject player be made/used and if so, would people prefer that over a logo?

For example, Loyalty would now have an Avatar with Dawson's portrait on it. Ragtop would have Bonds, etc.

Unless that breaks licensing rules for using a players image, that might be a cool little way to seperate them from the pack.

Actually avatars are not an option which is why we are trying for banners. Too many resource problems could occur with the special avatars--plus the problems it would cause with everybody wanting special avatars.

You'd love to have that special Hector Villanueva avatar, wouldn't you!? HA!!

Well, the idea sounded good inside my head, but I am no computer guru so I didn't know the implications of trying to make it work outside of my head!!

You'd love to have that special Hector Villanueva avatar, wouldn't you!? HA!!

Well, the idea sounded good inside my head, but I am no computer guru so I didn't know the implications of trying to make it work outside of my head!!

Nor do I, that's why I listen to everything Mark tells me:)

I don't think Hector would fit in an avatar! He was kind of a rolly polly type of guy.

You know, I got to thinking today. I was sorting out some of my Frank Thomas collection last weekend while organizing (still!!) and had I kept the cards in order, I could be a Thomas Super Collector by now! Anyone send in the stats for him yet?

I had EVERYTHING they made with The Big Hurt's name and photo on it for a while there. By '98, I had found ebay and was spending less on boxes and at shows as ebay sucked me in deeper. That is when I rediscovered Garvey. I let Frank dwindle away like a forgotten toy:( I have since revived the Hurt collection here and there, but most of my energy/resources are into auto cards and Garvey.

Maybe as I am scanning things, I will share the highlites of the F.T. collection. Who else picked up that Rap CD of his????? Mine is signed!!!

I gotta reserve the SC option for my bro Garvey if I get organized enough.

Ok, you made that post WAY too fast after my last response, you're a closet Hector collector aren't you?:)

Haha, it was a response to the more neutral comment about Hector, but it played out perfectly after your insult!:D

Gotta love Google image search!

Is there anyone out there who in their own minds think they are a Super Collector of a certain player BUT......... only collect that player in a certain uniform?? Does this exist? I have a Paul O'neill collection that is above average but I only collect him in a Yankees uniform. I do have a lot of his Reds cards but kept seperate. I never collected him in his Reds stuff but overtime in buying lots and making trades I did manage to get plenty of his Reds cards but I do not have them included in my inventory? Just a thought.

Is there anyone out there who in their own minds think they are a Super Collector of a certain player BUT......... only collect that player in a certain uniform?? Does this exist? I have a Paul O'neill collection that is above average but I only collect him in a Yankees uniform. I do have a lot of his Reds cards but kept seperate. I never collected him in his Reds stuff but overtime in buying lots and making trades I did manage to get plenty of his Reds cards but I do not have them included in my inventory? Just a thought.

I felt the same way about my Dawson and Grace collections, but I ended up forgetting to make sure incoming cards were in a Cubs uni so many times that I finally decided to make them a part of my collection.

I guess you could be called "Paul O'Neil Supercollector - kind of".

;)

One more quick question. Will we be notified only if designated a super collector or will we know if we didn't make it as well?

Is there any specific turnaround for applications?

Nothing set in stone though we do try to get voting done as quickly as possible. I'm also spreading out the SC announcements so each person can get a little "time in the sun" instead of announcing 20 in one day:)

Matt,
I just sent a PM for my Kenny Lofton collection to be considered.

Thanks,
Casey:D