So...You want to be a player Super Collector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Now I wish I can get a second one. :) Having over 1000 dofferent Dean Plamer items and only needing 25 or so known items would want me to be a SC for him, but who cares about Deano but me :)

Ok, how do I choose:
Will Clark
Eddie Murray
Darin Erstad

Of each player I have upwards of 2000 different. Ive got over 10,000 total Erstads, 25,000 Murrays and 30,000 Clarks. Im up over 10,000 Will Clark rookies as well.

Id love to be able to have all 3 ideally. Are there still plans to do that? Otherwise selecting one is going to be pretty tough :)

My other challenge is that I dont have exact counts of each player. I could submit photos in lieu of counts if that would work.

My wantlists are posted on my website (http://www.clark22murray33.com) and Ive finally begun creating a master gallery. First player Im working on is Murray. Here is a link to the gallery:
http://www.clark22murray33.com/baseball/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=39

Any advice on who I should choose first would be awesome. Its good to be back around. 2006 was a really tough year for me personally and professionally. Cards at times kept me sane :)

I would agree with Dannyboo, with the SC designation being limited to one player and being primarily a trade tool I would go with the player you could use the most trades for.

Ok, how do I choose:
Will Clark
Eddie Murray
Darin Erstad

Of each player I have upwards of 2000 different. Ive got over 10,000 total Erstads, 25,000 Murrays and 30,000 Clarks. Im up over 10,000 Will Clark rookies as well.

Are you sure about your total number of different cards of each guy? Not doubting you, but wondering if you are getting your totals like everyone else. Below is the total number of cards each player has, including 1/1's. You would jump to the #1 supercollector if those stats of different cards are correct.

Darin Erstad - 2231
Will Clark - 2448
Eddie Murray - 2231

Are you sure about your total number of different cards of each guy? Not doubting you, but wondering if you are getting your totals like everyone else. Below is the total number of cards each player has, including 1/1's. You would jump to the #1 supercollector if those stats of different cards are correct.

Darin Erstad - 2231
Will Clark - 2448
Eddie Murray - 2231

Im definitely down to show photos :D

For example... I have:
several hundred different Broder (Unlicensed) cards for Will Clark in addition to many show promos that are very rare and most are likely 1/1.

Beckett's checklists are my base and then I expand from there. They miss a surprisingly large amount of issues that should be included and yet list some (any of the unlicensed ones) that should not.

Once I get my gallerys posted youll understand.

Not doubting you, just clarifying (I had the same question as Premium1981). You have 27,552 different Will Clark cards that Beckett missed? If that is the case I am kind of stunned. Beckett lists over 5,000 cards for I-Rod, if the numbers are anywhere the same it boggles my mind to think how many might be out there, could be upwords of 60,000 if the ratio is the same as Clark.

Not doubting you, just clarifying (I had the same question as Premium1981). You have 27,552 different Will Clark cards that Beckett missed? If that is the case I am kind of stunned. Beckett lists over 5,000 cards for I-Rod, if the numbers are anywhere the same it boggles my mind to think how many might be out there, could be upwords of 60,000 if the ratio is the same as Clark.

He said that the different cards totaled around 2000. He also collects doubles and that is where the larger totals come from.

Ok, makes a lot more sense now. I went back and reread his first post and found it. Missed it somehow the first time. Sets my mind at ease. Still, even with doubles 30,000 cards of any one player is pretty impressive.

That's why Im struggling to decide which guy to pick since Im allowed only one. If I could do all 3, that would be ideal :D

Im leaning towards Erstad because he seems to be the only guy I can ever find any needs in trades.

ok i dont have a beckett account so i cant pull up the list they have for ryan zimmerman, is there any way someon can help me get that list from there, it would really help me out so much in putting together my have and want list. thank you so much anyone if you could help me.

how do i get a application? i would really like to try a shot for super collector status of Ryan zimmerman!

Check the first post on page 1 of this thread. It explains the application process.

If you enter the "my collections" area of Beckett and fill out the app. You get free access to their lists and prices. It only take a couple of minutes.

:)
Mike

Last edited: