So...You want to be a player Super Collector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meliah

MVP
5.00 star(s)
The Bench has decided to come up with something unique for those of you that are serious player collectors--the Super Collector title! We know this term is thrown around quite a bit in this hobby of ours and most people have different opinions on what makes a SC. The only thing being deemed a SC on The Bench gets you is a bigger font in the Players Collections section and a banner underneath your avatar. This is a trade tool for our collectors as well as a little something fun:)

Here is the deal:

--One player per Bench member can be submitted(for now, this is subject to potential change). Since this is a trade tool you need to have an up-to-date want or have list of the player, must have 20 completed trades and a 5.0 Trader Rating!

--Mod team votes and shall consider the collection as a whole, this includes non-card items. The Mod team here consists of some of the most hardcore player collectors out there and will be a fair judge. Since non-cards items are not a must have they will be looked as essentially extra credit for lack of a better term.

--Applications are to be sent to any Mod and need to include:

1. Player name?
2. Total cards owned/Total cards player has(one of each, no doubles for this count).
3. Any other collection statistics?
4. Link to web site? ( Web Site Must have a TEXT based want or have list of your player, photobucket have lists are not accepted, it is just too hard for someone looking for a card you need to run thru an entire photobucket site, text is just much easier)
5. Non-card items owned?

--If you happen to get turned down as a SC you may reapply once a month maximum.

We here know that player collectors have very different ideas of what a SC is, some of this even depends on who they collect and how they like to collect. We also know this is a subject that tends to create controversy. We want to try this out, have some fun with it and offer something a little different for our great members here!

Last edited:
Can or will there be multiple "Super Collectors" of the same player? For example "robe024", "RyanL24", and myself all have pretty large collections of Rickey Henderson. Also can a member be a Super Collector of more than one player?
Tim

Can or will there be multiple "Super Collectors" of the same player? For example "robe024", "RyanL24", and myself all have pretty large collections of Rickey Henderson. Also can a member be a Super Collector of more than one player?
Tim

We are limiting it to one player per member, but not one member per player.

Mark

I like the idea although I never consider myself a super collector.
Should there be a minimum number of cards required ?
Would it make a difference on how many auto's or gu you had. ?

I like the idea although I never consider myself a super collector.
Should there be a minimum number of cards required ?
Would it make a difference on how many auto's or gu you had. ?

There is no minimum number of cards required, but low numbers will probably not be accepted. And ofcourse the autos and GU make a big difference. All aspects of a collection will be looked at.

I just looked at the player collections section and about half of the names are bold. Is this what you are talking about with the font size? It appears anyone who is bolded has ALL of their player collection selections bolded (more than one player per member).

I'm not organized enough yet to qualify for this, but I think you all know who the biggest collector of my guy is anyway!

I just looked at the player collections section and about half of the names are bold. Is this what you are talking about with the font size? It appears anyone who is bolded has ALL of their player collection selections bolded (more than one player per member).

I'm not organized enough yet to qualify for this, but I think you all know who the biggest collector of my guy is anyway!

I think those are just HOF members. I think maybe those names should go back to the original font or something when the "super collector" names are bolded.

After reviewing a lot of applications I would like to say some things. Please follow the simple application questions, I really don't think they are confusing:)

This one here seems to be giving people the most trouble.--

2. Total cards owned/Total cards player has(one of each, no doubles for this count).

I'll use my man Choi as an example.
He has 512 cards and I own 395 of those=Collection-395/512=77.1%

Some people seem to list doubles as cards they own because they are #'d cards and are stamped different numbers. I'm sorry but those are doubles and not part of the collection. If they were you would have to do this--if you collect anything of a person and are trying for the Print Run you need to add in the number of cards that are made to the total number. For example, here is Choi again.

Collection-395/512=77.1%

But if I was trying for all of his #'d cards I would have a much bigger number ahead of me--

Regular Numbered Print Run-492/37618=1.3%

I hope that made sense:)

Somewhere on here someone was nice enough to explain how to go to Beckett and search for a specific player and bring up a CL of the cards that are out there for that player. I can not find where! :(

Can someone give me a refresher course?

I do it by going thru My Collections. Click add to collection. When the search wizard comes up I use search for specific player. I the type in Maddux, Greg and leave all other fields blank, This brings up a complete list of Maddux cards from 86 - 06

I would also like to add that hopefully no one will get upset if we say no to your collection. That isnt saying that you do not have a nice collection, but we are being strict with our standards. To be a super collector you really have a work at your collection. It shouldnt be something you can obtain by casually collecting cards of a player you like. It takes time and effort to build up these stats.

I'm a huge Mattingly collector and I ONLY have my GU and Auto's inventoried. I have well over 1000 unique Mattingly cards. Would the fact that I don't have a complete list of what Mattingly cards I own eliminate me from SC status?

-Jason

Would the fact that I don't have a complete list of what Mattingly cards I own eliminate me from SC status?

-Jason

Yes, I believe it would. Since the whole collection is being taken into consideration 1,000 cards not listed would probably keep you out. It gives you something to work towards though.;)

YES!!! My application will be coming in soon, lol. Need to inventory my non-card items and finish adding my newest additions to the collection!!! I love the idea, lol.