Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

New Trader Rules

Some of this might come across as harsh but I feel nothing else seems to be working to get my point across.

New members are required to send first until they hit 20 trades. I don't care how much feedback you have on other sites, if you're a power seller on Ebay or if you're the president of Topps--you're going to have to send first.

This is to protect our established members from the many con artists and bad traders out there. Usually a bad trader will show his stripes so to speak before he hits 20 trades and con artists don't want to send first--ever. Lots of our current members have gone through the rookie phase here and even if they did not like it much at the time I bet they appreciate it now.

Do the 20 trades and the rookie status is gone if you've proven yourself to be a solid trader, it's that simple. If you don't want to send first then don't trade here. If a new member says he won't send first please contact myself or another Mod and do not do the trade with that person.

As a reminder to the rest of our established traders here--let the rookies send first. If you send out at the same time and then get ripped off you just defeated the purpose of the rule. Just 3 weeks ago I made a large confrimed trade with a new member, if I had sent at the same time I would've been ripped off as he has sent me nothing so far and will not respond to me. That trader has been suspended until he either makes good on the trade or tells me he won't (or if enough time passes by)--and then he will be banned. This is how we try to keep The Bench the safest trading site out there.
    BSL owner of the Detroit Tigers.

Creepy, unusual or scary thread

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I joined here before the MSF vatar/rule was put in place. Even then I was asked to send first on my first 20(ish) trades. I complied wholehartedly without complaint. I wanted to and had to earn my reputation and respect of my fellow traders. Who in life gets something for nothing. Do freshman in high school get the same treatment as seniors? On your first day of a new job, do you expect the same pay, parking space, benefits and perks of a more tenured employee? I am sorry for the bad analogies, I am just trying to make it relevant for a lot of people here. I just do not recall EVER seeing a sophmore or recent call up to a varsity team get to start or the same playing time as the seniors.
    Tim
    Last edited by Taliasen; 09-09-2007 at 03:01 AM. Reason: it is an aweful thing to be dyslexic!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Thumbs up

i am in agrement with this post. when i first started here i also was asked to send first which was no problem on my part. i think it is fair to both traders on this rule as you have to establish yourself as a good member of the bench community.it is not that hard to do twenty trades and send first the trades actualy come easy and quick. so lets just abide by the rules and keep this the best damn trading site on the internet
    chieftazmisty
    GO STEELERS GO

DICK GROAT, BILL MAZAROSKI AND
    CONNIE HAWKINS FAN

looking for 72, topps football

RIP Mr Fatboycards
    You may have left us way to early but you will never be forgoten

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to fatboycards39's ebay items

Its sad that many of established members dont heed these warning ,and then come to the mod team crying that they got taken.Its simple just abide by the rules set up for your protection.
    Randy Martin -2011 the Year of Peace ,Love and Soul!
    Chad Pennington 436/2969
    Baeball Hall of Famers #d to 2000 or less!
    72/292

OWNER OF BSL CINCINNATI REDS
    N.L. President

Manitowoc, Wisconsin-Home of The Roncalli Jets
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I love the rule.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to mark_wing's ebay items

I was a mod for a long time prior to us adding this rule and I can tell you this rule has significantly cut down on the number of people who lose cards to bad traders. We still have new members who make trades and never send, but because they didn't send, they don't lose any cards.

We frequently have problems with bad traders attempting to sneak back on. Sometimes, we don't sniff them out right away, but usually discover who they are within 20 trades. Obviously, a previously banned member will be banned with any new accounts they create. It is a lot easier for us to pull the plug on these new accounts when we know that our pulling the plug doesn't mean anyone with an open trade can forget about receiving their cards.

Mark
    I am currently taking a break from card collecting

Mark Wing's Baseball Card Page
    Home of the Checklist Monster

Don't like plain white envelopes? Please see How I plan to ship your cards

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to pltcards's ebay items

In my years here some great advancements have taken place, the new trader rule is without a doubt the best of all of them. I know it is a pain to be "New", but the good traders are not "New " here for long. Some of the most vocal against this rule when it was implemented are now the most vocal in support of it. Pat
    Troy Polamalu and Bob, SandersAlways looking for ;Clemente, Stargell, Maz, and van Slyke. Looking for autos of old timers, Football looking for HOF and steelers. thanks a lot Pat

BSL Owner of the Colorado Rockies
    2007 and 2020 BSL Champions
    2009,2010,2018,2021 , 2023 NL West Division Champs 2024 Wild Card

RIP Randy, a great friend!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/c260/pltcards/

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to hlrzr32's ebay items

That is why The Bench is The Best!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to roberobcffdf's ebay items

The rule is perfectly fine. Even though i arrived here before the rule was put into place, I had to send first for my first 10 or so trades. It helps everyone know the good from the bad. Another reason The Bench is the best!

Robbie
    Robbie, Set Builder
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Current Set Needs Thread
    My Photobucket

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to trillopet99's ebay items

the rule makes total sense! i sent first on my first 20, and not once was there a problem! great rule!
    http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb187/pronk48mvp/
    Kent State Class of 2015

Collecting these autographed base sets:
    2005/06 MVP Hockey--- 19/400 (4.75%)
    2004 Choice Lake County Captains--- 6/30 (20%)
    2005 Choice Lake County Captains--- 3/30 (1%)

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Vladimir Guerrero

If you're an honest trader, sending first doesn't seem to be a big deal. I had to send first when I first joined, but after a week or so, my first 20 trades were complete and I didn't have to...so just make your trades fast and furious
    CURRENT GOAL: All Vlads #/150 from 2007 Topps Moments & Milestones. Have/incoming: 532/547 = 97.26% as of 9/2/08
    Looking for EVERYTHING of Vlad Guerrero & David Wright
    I have LOTS of base and inserts not listed.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

As part of the mod team, this rule has made our lives easier when the established members heed the rule and insist that the new member sends first. Like mentioned above, if a new member doesn't send then you aren't out a thing besides time. And to the new members, this will earn you a good reputation by getting the 20 trades, and a better rep if you do it without complaining about the rule every other day.
    Only collecting Nolan Ryan and vintage/GU of Mickey Mantle.

Always looking for Nintendo and Super Nintendo games and consoles! Buying or trading sports cards for them.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to writer99's ebay items

The thing that I don't get is why so many of the new traders are making such a fuss about it. I mean, it's the easiest way to protect the established members where, at the same time, allowing the new members to earn respect. I don't mean to offend anyone here (And if I do, I'm sorry), but I think those new traders who are trying to avoid the "new traders must send first" rule are those who we need to keep an eye on. If they aren't choosing to send first for one reason or another, I have a feeling they're the ones who are going to try and rip people off. AND I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS TRUE. I'M JUST SAYING THAT THIS IS A POSSIBILITY. If you want to be a scam artist, there's nothing stopping you at most trading sites out there. But here, don't sign up if you're not going to follow the rules, because it's not going to get you far.

The new trader rule is indeed one of the big things that makes the Bench the best and the SAFEST trading site on the 'net.
    Looking to continue my Pittsburgh Pirates autograph collections.

2000 to present: 410/507 (latest: Craig Hansen)

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I Agree with this rule.I remember when i joined it was my Goal to get that 20 trades.I didnt mind sending first either due to the Great rep this site has for Great traders. Jay
    Looking for Jerome Bettis Base,Inserts,Parallels,Gu and auto's

#1 Wants. Emmanuel Sanders

Gary Russell2007 Steelers Anything I dont got.

My Bucket!!

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa250/Steelerfan2/

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by slavlite View Post
    sdfg
    Huh!?!?!?
    I am trading for my set needs listed on my www

http://soxnbears.webs.com

"I think too much on the mound sometimes, and I get brain cramps."

-Britt Burns, White Sox Pitcher