http://mlbpaa.mlb.com/mlbpaa/downloa...autographs.pdf

I see you still need him
    1990 Fleer: 39/660
    -Goal: 150/660 by 2011

1994 Topps: 20/792
    -Goal: 150/792 by 2011

Trevor Cahill AU (no 1/1's): 7/41
    -Goal: 30/41 by 2011

I'm still collecting Lance Johnson, let me know what you have.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to s-mortimer's ebay items

Quote Originally Posted by Phish View Post
    Hey Mort, Griffey is signing for $20 for this signing

http://mlbpaa.mlb.com/mlbpaa/downloa...autographs.pdf

I see you still need him
    LOL - I was *just* checking out that PDF. I read about it on SCN. I do need Griffey. The $20 is about the going price for him (I've seen it a few times in the past.) I haven't decided if I'll bite.

Thank you for thinking of The Project!
    1500+ card autograph collection - Most are FT!

Collecting the 1965 & 1968 Topps baseball sets.

Building these autographed sets: 1983: Fleer; 1984: Donruss; 1990: Topps Traded; 2008: Bowman Chr Prosp, Bowman Chr Draft, Razor, Just Minors, Tristar PROjections; 2010: Topps Pro Debut

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

No problem. I'm starting a 1990 Fleer project, any advice?
    1990 Fleer: 39/660
    -Goal: 150/660 by 2011

1994 Topps: 20/792
    -Goal: 150/792 by 2011

Trevor Cahill AU (no 1/1's): 7/41
    -Goal: 30/41 by 2011

I'm still collecting Lance Johnson, let me know what you have.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Phish View Post
    No problem. I'm starting a 1990 Fleer project, any advice?
    Looks like you found an inexpensive set. That's good advice there. When all is said and done, you could end up going through five or six partial sets to get the autos done. It took me five tries to get Lou Piniella TTM. Good luck!

Building these autographed sets: 1983: Fleer; 1984: Donruss; 1990: Topps Traded; 2008: Bowman Chr Prosp, Bowman Chr Draft, Razor, Just Minors, Tristar PROjections; 2010: Topps Pro Debut

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

List updated.

I've created a Facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...t/125904307681

Become a fan!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to PCBB_COLLECTIONS's ebay items

Hey Mort.

Probably I can take the Dickie Thon, because currently he is coaching in PR.

Pete
    Roberto Alomar Super Collector over 1,200 and counting and general puertorican's collector
    Looking NOW the: 1962 Topps Rookie OF SP #598
    Featuring Ed Olivares (Omar's dad), Al Luplow, Manny Jimenez, Jim Hickman, and Howie Goss

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by titan777 View Post
    Hey Mort.

Probably I can take the Dickie Thon, because currently he is coaching in PR.

Pete
    Pete,
    That would be great. I've tried him a number of times through the mail without success. I can send you a few others for yourself if you'd like.

Could you PM me your address? I'll send you some cards and a SASE shortly after Christmas.

Thanks!!
    Mort-

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Scott,
    Good to see you around. After you appeared on Big League Stew did any tough autos come your way from the publicity?

I see you got Terry Bulling, how did you come across that one (if I remember correctly he is hard to track down, basically a nomad who lives in a Winnebago)?
    BENSON'S BULLPEN - My TTM Autograph Collection

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Scott,
    Good to see you around. After you appeared on Big League Stew did any tough autos come your way from the publicity?

I see you got Terry Bulling, how did you come across that one (if I remember correctly he is hard to track down, basically a nomad who lives in a Winnebago)?
    (I haven't been on The Bench for a month or so ... everything has been busy....)

I was able to get quite a few toughies after the article came out. Ricky Wright and Terry "Bud" Bulling were two that immediately come to mind.

A relative of Bud's e-mailed me and offered assistance in getting his autograph. He said he doesn't see him often but would hang onto the 83 Fleer until he did. Sure enough ... about six months later ... the card was signed. VERY excited and more importantly grateful for that! I still have to get Gaylord Perry to sign that card. Perry charges for his autograph ... not a problem. I'd rather send some dollars and ensure it will get signed than not.

Pete Vuckovich is perhaps the most difficult not-deceased autograph to get. Luckily he's going to be appearing at a card show in St. Louis in February -- rumor has that this will be his last signing. Do I believe it? Not really ... but it's a chance I don't want to take.

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

List is updated! Only one more Chicago Cub needed for the team set: Willie Hernandez!

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

List Updated! The "free" autograph requests are few and far between. I just got one: Rafael Landestoy!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

If Dale Murphy comes back here this year to the MS Braves, I should be able to help you out with him. I have gotten him on about 15 cards over the last two years, just never had that one.
    Collecting Chipper Jones, Anthony Lerew, Jeff Brantley and Roy Oswalt

2013 Autograph Count: 3 TTM / 0 IP / 0 Ceritified = 3 TOTAL

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis Shoe View Post
    If Dale Murphy comes back here this year to the MS Braves, I should be able to help you out with him. I have gotten him on about 15 cards over the last two years, just never had that one.
    Cool - that would be fantastic! I remember when Murphy played in the majors in the 80s. He was fantastic at requests through the mail. Often he would send a thank you note for being a great fan. Like you I have a bunch of Murphy autographs but none are the 83 Fleer.

If I can help you in anyway with other autographs or a trade for non-signed stuff, please let me know.
    Scott-

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

It's been a while since I last checked out your progress. You are nailing this set!

How in the world did you land Ricky Wright? Any chance there is help available for a Dodger fan who would like him on his Dodger cards?

I would never have thought to chase him down in the past and it wasn't until I read someone's ebay listing or perhaps a website, did I find out how tough he apparently is to get. I always chased "better" players in the past, giving no focus to commons. It was not until I started the Topps All-Rookie team and found some very common players (Tony Curry, Jimmie Hall, Roy Foster, Rich Coggins and Rufino Linares to name a few) extremely tough to track down did I start to think about commons. I still have little interest in most commons, unless they are part of the Topps ART, the Dodgers (Wright is the only one that comes to mind right now other than maybe Vincent Romo) or the 1977-87 Mariners (Byron McLaughlin, Skip Jutze, Manny Sarmiento, Enrique Romo, Juan Beniquez, Juan Bernahrdt, Carlos Lopez, Jose Baez...see the trend here???).

Quote Originally Posted by mort View Post
    (I haven't been on The Bench for a month or so ... everything has been busy....)

I was able to get quite a few toughies after the article came out. Ricky Wright and Terry "Bud" Bulling were two that immediately come to mind.

A relative of Bud's e-mailed me and offered assistance in getting his autograph. He said he doesn't see him often but would hang onto the 83 Fleer until he did. Sure enough ... about six months later ... the card was signed. VERY excited and more importantly grateful for that! I still have to get Gaylord Perry to sign that card. Perry charges for his autograph ... not a problem. I'd rather send some dollars and ensure it will get signed than not.

Pete Vuckovich is perhaps the most difficult not-deceased autograph to get. Luckily he's going to be appearing at a card show in St. Louis in February -- rumor has that this will be his last signing. Do I believe it? Not really ... but it's a chance I don't want to take.
    WANTS
    (1) Steve Garvey items (2)Topps All-Rookie Team Autos

BLOG
    http://1978theyearitallbegan.blogspot.com/

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

List updated. Received Seattle Mariner Bill Caudill from a private signing from Tom Orr. According to SCN, Caudill has a 0% TTM success rate. I guess this would be my best opportunity......