The Bench is collecting the 2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy Set!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
As an online trading community our goal is to collect the entire 6600 base card 2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy set. We will then auction the set on eBay and donate the proceeds to the "The V Foundation" (for cancer research).

http://sports.upperdeck.com/baseball/yankeestadium/

Information about our benefitting charity:

www.jimmyv.org

How can I help? I am glad you asked! As we are collecting this to donate the proceeds to charity, we ask that any members who are interested in helping to donate any cards they pull to the cause. As a site we hope to eventually be able to trade duplicate cards we recieve for cards we need, however we will be unable to buy single cards form members. The cards will be seeded 1 in every 4 packs of Upper Deck cards across all 8 UD brands this year. Even if you personally do not open any UD product this year, you can still help. As we all make trades with each other and across the internet, if you have a deal where your trade partner needs a little more in trade to make the deal even but they have nothing else of your wants, pick up one or two of these cards for The Bench!

***As an added bonus for you for donating cards, the MOD team will be holding a drawing/contest. You will get one drawing for every card you donate to the set. There will be one big prize and two smaller prize packages consisting of Auto and GU cards!***

I have already been in contact with Upper Deck, Beckett, Tuff Stuff, Major League Baseball, the New York Yankees, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and the V Foundation about cross promoting the project and hopefully gaining us some national exposure! We also have a couple of card shops commited to donating any cards they pull as well!

I am the official media contact for the project. Matt (Meliah) has volunteered to be the official "keeper of the cards." Robert (Rburke02) has volunteered to help and we are asking Frank (The Quarter Box) if he would also like to help as this is his original idea.

Here is the MySpace page I created for the project:
http://www.myspace.com/thebenchyankeestadiumset

Here is the link to the official proect website.
http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebench/yankeestadiumset.html

Again this is a huge 7500 card set and we need your help in completing it! If you have any questions or you would like to help beyond donating cards please contact me. Lets show the world what The Bench can do and help make a nice donation to a worthwhile charity. Start sending your cards to Meliah!

Tim

Last edited:
I'm hoping to see our community come together to get this done! I believe it is an extremely possible set to be done, no matter how huge it is. All of us open enough packs to pull these and even if you're planning on putting the set together (Like I am), you can still contribute by sending whatever doubles you come across in pulls or trades.

Thanks to Frank (for the idea!), Tim (for the marketing), Matt (for holding the cards) and Robert for all their help!

:D
Jason

Everyone out there can start helping by talking to their local card shops and telling them about our project.

100% of the money goes to charity.

Count me in. I do not open much UD product, but I will be on the look out for these cards. Great idea.

Shawn

I found this on Upper Deck's site;

2008 MLB Yankee Stadium Legacy Diamond Club Promo
Release Date: January 15, 2008

2008 MLB Upper Deck Series 1
Release Date: January 25, 2008

Tim

I am the official media contact for the project. Matt (Meliah) has volunteered to be the official "keeper of the cards." Robert (Rburke02) has volunteered to help and we are asking Frank (The Quarter Box) if he would also like to help as this is his original idea.

Tim

I haven't heard anything in a little while about this, and didn't know if it would get off the ground. Needless to say, I am very excited about it.

I will, of course, help in any way I can. Just LMK what you would like me to do.

I have a couple of ideas to promote this project at some shows, including the two I do in Wildwood. Also, I can send flyers to my eBay customers with the details about this project.

I am also impressed with the number of contacts already made. I am confident that this will be a success.

And I would like to thank Matt for listening to the rambling thoughts of an oddball :D .

Thank you,
---Frank

Glad to have you aboard Frank! Is anyone going to the National? We would miss a huge oppourunity if we did not have some reresentation there. I can not go, but we need to have someone handing out flyers. If wireless internet is in the area, have someone with a laptop showing people The Bench, the MySpace and official project home pages.

Tim

Incredible idea.

One quick question - if we were to purchase cards or trade for them somewhere else, is Matt OK with giving his address to have the cards sent directly to him or do we have to get the cards and then send them?

Thanks and again, great idea!!!