The Bench is collecting the 2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy Set!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

At my local Target today, I found a fresh box uf 2008 UD Retail. I noticed that you could see the Starquest cards on the back of the packs though. I found 12 Starquest cards and bought the packs. While opening them, I noticed that I was getting an awful lot of YSL cards as well. I ended up getting 6 YSL cards out of those 12 packs. I will be mailing them to Meliah tomorrow.

Hmm! Interesting! I normally just bid on them on ebay.....normally it's only about $2.00 per card......Lot of 16 and 6......Best regards, David

I have a small hand full (maybe 10) That will come your way soon. My question is this. Do you have a list of what you already have?

I have a small hand full (maybe 10) That will come your way soon. My question is this. Do you have a list of what you already have?

Its on another post with the list of the donors. However, with some many cards coming in I'm pretty sure it take awhile before its updated. also doubles are welcome because they can trade for the ones that are missing. Best regards, David

have i misssed it?

I went through the entire posts and I might have missed the www. that lists what cards we still need or a list of what we have already.

Good article about the set. Too bad I have not been able to contact anyone at Beckett so they could throw us a bone.

http://www.beckett.com/estore/news/?eskin=beckett&a=9371&s=1

Tim

Anybody got an interpretation of this part of the article?:

"In addition to the basic set building nature of the release, Upper Deck also plans to interject an array of game-used and buyback YSL material into its upcoming 2008 Spectrum release.

These highly short printed game-used memorabilia cards will first appear in Spectrum, due out mid-April, and then be randomly inserted into every product thereafter.

In total 42 different Yankee greats, including Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio, Yogi Berra, Reggie Jackson and current Yankees Jorge Posada, Robinson Cano and Derek Jeter will be featured on either game-used bat or jersey cards."

Does this mean we've got to come up with these "highly short printed" cards to complete the set?

We will consider it a complete set with just the base (non-GU). While a Master set would be nice, I really do not see people just up and donating the GU cards.

I am a little suprised but at the same time glad to see they did not put in like 50 Rickey Hnederson cards in the 80's block.

Tim

Last edited:
I went through the entire posts and I might have missed the www. that lists what cards we still need or a list of what we have already.

There is a link in the first post of the Donators thread, in the Site News section.

Hey Matt! Just put 2 as "Send Free Cards" and I triple-checked and they are indeed free cards, not a trade! Lol! Glad to have helped some more!
Christian