Bench Charity Drive Donator List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

So only the top donator gets a prize and then maybe others do? I think that might discourage people from donating that may only have one or two to send in b/c they see others w/ such large numbers. Maybe you could do a large raffle and everytime someone sends in a card their name goes in there. I understand it would be rather large but that might encourage some people w/ only a couple of cards to donate them. That way the top donator still has the best chance to win but everyone else has a chance as well. Maybe the top donator gets a small prize but the raffle winner gets the prize package or something along those lines?? Just some thoughts from the outside looking in since I haven't even seen 08 UD anywhere, lol.

I think we were kind of hoping people would donate for the good of the cause more for the prize:)

By the time we finish this project, I'm guessing it will be about 12-14 months from now, there is a lot of time to tweak the rewards depending on how the list gets. The big prize was donated by Upper Deck though and they requested it go to the largest donator--anything after that though will be up for possible change. I'd love to be able to do something for anyone who donates anything but that is beyond the means of a site that doesn't generate income. Most of the prize packages for the site are supplied by the Mods out of their pockets/collections, including this one except for the main prize of course. You raise some good thoughts though and will keep those in mind as time progresses and we see how the trend goes.

Yeah I didn't mean to sound like people were only donating for the prize b/c I do plan on sending any I get but only for the cause not the prize. I am an ACC fan so I saw a lot of Jimmy V growing up watching ACC games. I was just thinking someone w/ one may say oh well I'll just keep it or something like that. Anyway its still a great idea and I hope I can come up w/ some to donate!! I'll also try to find a large enough plastic tote to put the names in for the drawing, lol.

Just double checked my Tracking Confirmation and it appears you have received the cards. Just noticed that you updated the list with contributors and would appreciate making the list whenever you can get around to it. Mahalo and Aloha, Brad

4 Coming from me next week as well, also if anyone is not interested in donating the cards, I will glad trade for them to donate myself!

I was just thinking of something similar. Would anyone be willing to organize a trade program where benchies who don't have any YSL's to contribute (or who are tempted to just sell them on ebay) can donate some tradebait to entice others to give theirs? It would also be a convenient way to unload some unneeded cards and help the cause.

Just double checked my Tracking Confirmation and it appears you have received the cards. Just noticed that you updated the list with contributors and would appreciate making the list whenever you can get around to it. Mahalo and Aloha, Brad

Getting there Brad:) The amount of mail I get on a daily basis is crazy these days and I update as fast as I can.

Getting there Brad:) The amount of mail I get on a daily basis is crazy these days and I update as fast as I can.

LOL, I completely understand. Just broke my wittle heart when I didn't make the list. It must be an overwhelming but fun project. Thanks for handling such a huge task and doing it for such a terrific charitable cause.

Mahalo and Aloha, Brad

Just wanted to give a big thank you to those that have donated cards so far. In the first post of this thread I have added the link to the want list, we are at 23.4% complete already for this first wave!:)

Given the massive amount of mail I am getting in these days I ask a few things to make this process go a bit faster. Either post up donations as a "send free cards" with myself or include a note with your user name in the package. I want to make sure everyone gets credit for anything donated but it's hard to track down member names if I only have a return address to go by.

Drop these 4 from the wantlist. I will be sending them your way.

2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy Collection Don Mattingly S1 5199
2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy Collection Kevin Maas S1 5224
2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy Collection Jim Leyritz S1 5249
2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy Collection Kevin Maas S1 5274

thanks
Dan

Matt! Can you confirm that you received the cards from my trade manager? Theres two at the beginning and I conbined the two. I need space for my trades. I'm into my second page. I also mailed out two bubble envelope with about 20 YSL today. Thanks! Best regards, David

Matt! Can you confirm that you received the cards from my trade manager? Theres two at the beginning and I conbined the two. I need space for my trades. I'm into my second page. I also mailed out two bubble envelope with about 20 YSL today. Thanks! Best regards, David

Mr. David K - your a beast! :)

Todd

I am opening the mail from the last 2 days this evening so it will be done soon:)

Hi, are we now looking for certain #'s or all we can get ?
I just put 11 more in the mail but didn't check #'s
Leon