Bench Charity Drive Donator List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Can somebody tell me who #1701 is? Somebody has it (which I'm trying to get it) & told me that it's selling huge on eBay. Ali, McCarthy, or the Pope maybe?

Can somebody tell me who #1701 is? Somebody has it (which I'm trying to get it) & told me that it's selling huge on eBay. Ali, McCarthy, or the Pope maybe?

Game #1701 - 08/16/1944
The pic looks like some players on a boat in NY harbor looking toward the shore and an old NYC skyline.
The description on back says President Roosevelt gave the "green-light" to continue MLB play during WWII 500 MLB and 5000 minor league players joined the war effort.

Maybe it would sell for a lot because of mention of Pres. Roosevelt? I honestly can not identify anyone on the pic though. I also did not find ANY completed auctions for this card on eBay though.

Tim

1680-1729 are the only cards in the set that do not feature one player on the front, they are listed as New York Yankees in the checklist. I'm not even sure if that span has been released yet.

***Unconfirmed info!***

From what I understand, the first edition of 2009 Upper Deck cards will have the final YSL cards from this year in them.

Tim

I need to give a shout out my local card shop -- AAA Collectibles -- here in Charlotte NC. The owner, Bob, gave me a stack of 24 gratis.

Here are the numbers: 3565 3590 3615 3640 3986 4011 4231 4664 4689 4714 4739 4764 4789 4864 4889

He also gave me these below, but I noticed that they have a different Yankee logo from the others. These have the round logo with the bat and top hat whereas the others have the NY letters. It's also odd that these are all numbered multiples of 25. LMK if you still need these: 5450 5500 5550 5525 5600 5625 5650 6250 6300

I'll wait to hear from you about the second batch before I post it up.

Scott

I need to give a shout out my local card shop -- AAA Collectibles -- here in Charlotte NC. The owner, Bob, gave me a stack of 24 gratis.

Here are the numbers: 3565 3590 3615 3640 3986 4011 4231 4664 4689 4714 4739 4764 4789 4864 4889

He also gave me these below, but I noticed that they have a different Yankee logo from the others. These have the round logo with the bat and top hat whereas the others have the NY letters. It's also odd that these are all numbered multiples of 25. LMK if you still need these: 5450 5500 5550 5525 5600 5625 5650 6250 6300

I'll wait to hear from you about the second batch before I post it up.

Scott

Yes! All of those cards (including the cards in multiples of 25) are YSL cards and are all on our needs list! I have also noticed a few different YSL cards with the different logos on them. I *think* that UD used the different logos either for different decades or to corrispond with when the Yankees changed their official logo. Contact champs96ws and we *may* be able to put a link or at least a shoutout to your card shop on our official project web page. Please do post up all of those cards as "free cards" to Meliah as we do need them all! Thanks to you and your card shop!

Tim

Yes! All of those cards (including the cards in multiples of 25) are YSL cards and are all on our needs list! I have also noticed a few different YSL cards with the different logos on them. I *think* that UD used the different logos either for different decades or to corrispond with when the Yankees changed their official logo. Contact champs96ws and we *may* be able to put a link or at least a shoutout to your card shop on our official project web page. Please do post up all of those cards as "free cards" to Meliah as we do need them all! Thanks to you and your card shop!

Tim
Sounds good, Tim. It's posted!

hey buds

just wait i have a group i am sending to meliah as soon as they all get here and i get all the codes off them lol those wonderful codes

this will put a big chunk in for yah to go through bud

steve

Matt or Tim, What are the YSL cards marked with HM, like the Pope # 3407HM.I don't even see them on the list. But they seem to be the money cards.
Are they part of the set or what.
Leon

Matt or Tim, What are the YSL cards marked with HM, like the Pope # 3407HM.I don't even see them on the list. But they seem to be the money cards.
Are they part of the set or what.
Leon

I do not know what the YSL cards marked HM are. #3407 is listed as Roger Maris though. I assumed that cards like the Pope, boxing matches, and "Greatest Man Alive" were in this block: 1680-1729 are the only cards in the set that do not feature one player on the front, they are listed as New York Yankees in the checklist. I'm not even sure if that span has been released yet. If anything, if you have a Pope card sent it to Matt and let im see if we do need it!

Tim