221 Vladimir Guerrero 1/1 cards scanned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Some of those plates have confused me and I am assuming they look exactly the same buy are slightly different. The DK plates for example. I know Donruss packed the complete sets into those Challenge sets, but you have 2 sets? Do they differ in any way?

How about those Sterling jersey letter cards? I saw three Garvey letters sell on ebay and they all topped $200 each. It was just too much money for that card (for me). You have a ton. How many did they make? It looks like you can spell Guerrero and maybe OF as well. I assumed that the Garvey set spelled "Garvey" and "Padres" as I know from Beckett there were 12 pieces.

Again a wildly incredible collection. You may not have any rivals for a modern player collection. However, you just don't know until someone starts dropping scan bombs like you have!!

The Diamond King plates were distributed together. Vlad has 3 cards from the Diamond Kings set and the plates are from 2 of the card numbers but I do think they are the same pic. The other card is Vlad pictured in an Expo uniform. I believe 1 seller sold it as all 4 plates together and the other sold them seperatly and I just won all four. Some of the plates, like the Topps Totals are from the card backs. The older Pinnacle and Topps Gallery plates aren't marked off my Beckett lists because Beckett only lists them as 1 and doesn't break them up as four seperate plates. Beckett doesn't recognize the "backs" either. One reason I have more cards than Beckett outlines. The Pacific plates aren't listed either as they weren't distributed in packs.

Topps produced 4 different "Guerrero" letter patches, all from the back of his jersey. They have different pics of Vlad in the lower corner. 2 pics look very similar but 1 he is smiling, the other, he is not. As I noted, I have never seen a "G". These aren't "manufactured" letters but rather the letter from the game used jersey, thats why they sell for far too much. I have seen an "N" from the front letters which spell "Angels" but I wasn't too interested in it and it went for as much as these. I am not sure how many "Angels" letters there are but I saw 2 "N"s (Could have been the same one) and no others. My ultimate goal would be to get the 4 remaining letters from the 2006 all-star jersey distributed in 2007 Topps "In the Name".

Brian

An extremely Awesome collection and as a big Vlad fan, so nice to look at.

I have a totally honest question to ask you. I only ask this because I am so curious about a collector of your level. Would you say you are a person with above average means (money) to be able to acquire these cards, or would you say you have average to below average means but manage to acquire them anyway. Eitherway the dedication is amazing and the collection is awesome. I just ask because I always thought if I won the lottery or something this is how I would collect rather then just tearing through wax.

Feel free to not answer, if you would rather not say.

Thanks!

Fred

Hey Fred

I will admit, I spend toooo much money on cards but It's been a long journey. I started collecting cards when I was a kid around 1980. After a couple years, I had a nice vintage collection, since lost(stolen) but I quit collecting like everyone around 1984, then started again in 1987 while in high school. Through the proceeding years, I collected sets and busted wax. In 1996, I went to the Anaheim National show and picked up a Vlad auto because at the time, I was a "prospector". Within a couple years, I made a decision to collect more of Vlad and couldn't really afford wax. I started to make some trades online. The first place was the AOL grandstand message boards(Anyone remember those:)) I traded for ANY and ALL Vlads, even doubles. I used to also trade for "lots". I picked up atleast 8000 Vlad cards this way. Its hard to find "lot" traders anymore. I then found the "checklist" on Beckett and decided to really narrow my collection to acquire 1 of each of his cards. After college, I did get a pretty good paying job, atleast for the area I am in and I spend atleast a couple hundred a month.

One way to look at is, If I bought a box of 2008 Triple Threads for $180-200, I would be extremely happy to pull the Vlad fold out 2/3 card but instead, I let someone else buy the pack and loose money when he sold it to me for $100. I am just glad that Vlad is not a regular in Topps Sterling.

Brian

bdmac1 - Great stuff! Now I have seen someone with more 1/1s than myself (221 vs 202)! I see there are 30+ more 1/1s available on ebay - some with as low as $12.99 BIN! Go for it! :)

Some recent pickups

You would think they would add some patches to a 1/1

vlad2008Triplethreads.jpg

Another Sterling letter:

Vladsterling.jpg

I am very happy to get the Allen & Ginter wood card:

Vladwood.jpg

vlad2008bowmanchrome.jpg

The sketches are a very nice touch. I think everyone else has said it enough, but, "wow." Just wow.
-Casey

Very nice collection, gotta give it to you it really is. Everyone also remember your collections growth depends on your income. Not saying anyones rich or anything at all....just saying that if you dont make a lot just do what you can.

Just curious, it was very odd in that I didn't see one #1/1 autograph card in this or the VLAD Auto thread? Did I miss something?