Do you know of any Player Collector Websites?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greetings everyone, hope all is well. I want to thank everyone who had positive things to say about my site, ripkenintheminors.com. A lot of outstanding websites have been mentioned and I count it an honor to be mentioned. Although the home page has roughly 10,000 visitors on the counter, the site has received over 31,000 hits in a little over 2 years.

The site was built after realizing that a minor league card of Cal I had purchased was counterfeit. There was no information about the cards and I continued seeing person after person getting scammed. Although I lost around $200 the average sales jumped to around $800. I felt that something needed to be done.

The site has grown to something I never imagined when it was first built. It will always be a work in progress and will always be a labor of love. I don't sell ads and I don't ask for any compensation to see the material. I'm out of pocket for all expenses. I encourage all of you to share the site with those you know. Although counterfeits still exist, a lot of good has been done thus far. Thanks again for the comments!

I hope this isn't too off-topic, as I don't want to hijack this awesome thread, but I do have a question. I've recently scanned 90% of my A-Rod collection and I have an itching to create a website such as the Will Clark or Mark Grace website (of course, it won't be as good as these examples).

I love the fact that photobucket and freewebs are free services, but I really want to put my photos and card descriptions together onto one website. What's the best way to do this? I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to this kind of stuff, so any help/suggestions/comments are appreciated.

Thanks!

I hope this isn't too off-topic, as I don't want to hijack this awesome thread, but I do have a question. I've recently scanned 90% of my A-Rod collection and I have an itching to create a website such as the Will Clark or Mark Grace website (of course, it won't be as good as these examples).

I love the fact that photobucket and freewebs are free services, but I really want to put my photos and card descriptions together onto one website. What's the best way to do this? I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to this kind of stuff, so any help/suggestions/comments are appreciated.

Thanks!

sevencostanza - I don't see a problem with you posting that question here. Also, if you don't get the desired help here, I would just start a thread in this forum and ask the question. I think alot of people are curious about how to start sites such as those to be honest. I wouldn't mind seeing the responses myself. I would love to have one in the future of Dawson.

Thanks
Craig

Craig,

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a few days in this thread and see what happens. If there isn't too much action, I'll go ahead and start a new thread.

Thanks again-

Lydia

Craig,

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a few days in this thread and see what happens. If there isn't too much action, I'll go ahead and start a new thread.

Thanks again-

Lydia

The best thing to do is start with a freewebs-type site. Use the editor they provide and learn the HTML behind it. Once you get familiar with the HTML and comfortable to do it yourself, start editing the code directly. I would not try to create a full-out site if you have no experience in designing websites, or it could get nasty.

There are plenty of tutorials available. Google it and have fun.

Tai

Not as nice as some of the others but its free.Still need to re scan the 1980's and some of the 1990's. link is in sig.

*I didn't add the Will Clark Site to the list because a couple of months ago, I picked up a nasty virus from the site. Mark Wing confirmed that it indeed came from that site. There was a link for it posted here on The Bench. Can anyone verify that it is clean now?

I'm *really* sorry to admit that you're talking about my site. I'm not sure what happened, but I took down my entire site, wiped it clean and then rebuilt it in the last few months of 2008. My webhosting company has no explanation for what happened, but it is now clean.

With that said, here's my site: www.thrill22.com

I'm really sorry for any problems my site may have caused you or other collectors. I'm not a real tech guy, and it seems that my site got hacked and compromised. I'm not sure why someone would choose to target me, but I guess that simply shows that no one and no site is safe.

:(

ajw22 - No need to apologize (Although it is appreciated!). It could happen to anyone. Alot of "stuff" floating around out there. I wouldn't know how to defend against it myself. If I had a site that is. I will add your site to the list right now! (Awesome site by the way!)

Thanks
Craig

Well, as of this evening I have entered the world of player collector websites. I know a bit of basic HTML and have been teaching myself photoshop, so maybe one day my site will look like some of the awesome ones in this thread. But for now, I'm still a novice!

www.tinomartinez24.com

Steph

Steph - Looking good! I can't wait to see the finished product! Whenever you want me to add the link to the original post, just let me know. (Nice selection on the picture! Yankees fist pump against the Sox!)

Thanks!
Craig

Hey craig, just go ahead and add my list for now. I'm not going to be able to even work on the site for a few more months so my list will have to do. Got too much backlog of other projects to get started on a full McGwire site :mad:

www.joering.com/mcgwire