Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Tino Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy12386 View Post
    That'd be cool Steph. Although I don't collect Tino, I am a Tino fan. Want some help starting that Tino site? We can call it www.tinothebambino.com =)
    I would LOVE any help I could get. I've been working on scanning and putting into my bucket all of my Tino autos and game used over the past week or so and then I was thinking of starting a site for my collection. After seeing all of these amazing sites on this thread, I don't think I could ever come close to them with mine.

Steph
    Collecting Yankee First Basemen Tino Martinez and Mark Teixeira

NO PWE PLEASE!!!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by stephj24 View Post
    I would LOVE any help I could get. I've been working on scanning and putting into my bucket all of my Tino autos and game used over the past week or so and then I was thinking of starting a site for my collection. After seeing all of these amazing sites on this thread, I don't think I could ever come close to them with mine.

Steph
    I could submit a scan of a 1990 Score in person Tino auto certifid by JSA if that helps
    I collect any and all Yankees game used/autos as long as the player is in a Yankees uniform. I prefer home uniforms with a stripe, but any game used is fine. Also collect Mantle sets such as the 96'/97' Topps base set, HR History, etc. Check my site for my wants.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Hensley Meulens

Go to daclyde1's ebay items
    Go to daclyde's comc items

While it's not that elaborate, here's one for Wally Joyner:

http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/joynercards/

And here's another well catalogued site for Mark McGwire:

http://www.joering.com/mcgwire/

And Thrill22 is working fine for me with no sign of infection.
    Last edited by DaClyde; 12-12-2008 at 09:26 PM.
    Collecting Dave Winfield, Karl 'Tuffy' Rhodes, Roberto Kelly, Dave Henderson and Sir Hensley Meulens
    Clyde's Stale Cards blog

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Purposefully, I did go to the Clark site, and did get a virus. A system restore brought me right back. Maybe the master doesn't know that it's hacked?

C

Bench Bucks
    Blog Entries
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to worldwideed's ebay items

Just found this Brett Butler site with every cards scanned.
    http://home.comcast.net/~brettbutlercards/brett.htm
    My TTM/Auto Set Wantlist

See my SICK Roy Oswalt patch card HERE

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to hlrzr32's ebay items

Updated!

Thanks
    Craig

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Found a nice Gary Carter site. Added it to the list.

Thanks
    Craig

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to theplasticman's ebay items
    Go to theplasticman's comc items

Thanks for keeping the resource Craig!
    BUYING: Darin Erstad & Bucky Jacobsen

Paying cash for cards on my want lists and/or other rare cards (1/1 cards etc). Thanks!

FOR SALE: theplasticman on COMC.com

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Go to gracecollector's ebay items

Loyalty32, I'm glad you enjoy my site and take it as a compliment you use it as your example of a good player collector site. www.markgrace.com has been a labor of love. It's pretty amazing I have every one of my 2500+ different Grace cards scanned now. A lot of collectors turn to my site for help with 1990s and early 2000s inserts and parallels. Helps to have a picture of most for reference. Most people don't know that there are some hidden spots on the site, like for instance if you click on the 1998 Topps Tek card, you go to a page that has all 90 pattern variations shown.

If you are a player collector, doing a website for your collection is very rewarding. You hear from fans from all over, and even get sent stuff now and then, or get leads on great cards. I love hearing from fellow Grace fans, and get several emails each month.

I'll add a new site to the list. It's my latest project. www.collectingzim.com is a site for my growing Don Zimmer collection. It's still in it's infancy, but hope to make it respectable soon.

Vintage collectors may dig checking out my Cap Anson website, www.capanson.com. While I can't afford vintage Anson cards, there is a comprehensive page dedicated to all his tobacco cards and early issues.

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

gracecollector - Hey! I wasn't even aware that you were a member here! Your Grace site is amazing! I also love the Zimmer site. He is my all time favorite manager. The 1989 Cubs team is the team that made me fall in love with the Cubbies!

Thanks
    Craig

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

theplasticman - No problem!

Thanks
    Craig

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Greetings everyone, hope all is well. I want to thank everyone who had positive things to say about my site, ripkenintheminors.com. A lot of outstanding websites have been mentioned and I count it an honor to be mentioned. Although the home page has roughly 10,000 visitors on the counter, the site has received over 31,000 hits in a little over 2 years.

The site was built after realizing that a minor league card of Cal I had purchased was counterfeit. There was no information about the cards and I continued seeing person after person getting scammed. Although I lost around $200 the average sales jumped to around $800. I felt that something needed to be done.

The site has grown to something I never imagined when it was first built. It will always be a work in progress and will always be a labor of love. I don't sell ads and I don't ask for any compensation to see the material. I'm out of pocket for all expenses. I encourage all of you to share the site with those you know. Although counterfeits still exist, a lot of good has been done thus far. Thanks again for the comments!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

RITM - Welcome to The Bench!

Thanks
    Craig

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

I hope this isn't too off-topic, as I don't want to hijack this awesome thread, but I do have a question. I've recently scanned 90% of my A-Rod collection and I have an itching to create a website such as the Will Clark or Mark Grace website (of course, it won't be as good as these examples).

I love the fact that photobucket and freewebs are free services, but I really want to put my photos and card descriptions together onto one website. What's the best way to do this? I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to this kind of stuff, so any help/suggestions/comments are appreciated.

Thanks!

Bench Bucks
    Bench Points
    Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by sevencostanza View Post
    I hope this isn't too off-topic, as I don't want to hijack this awesome thread, but I do have a question. I've recently scanned 90% of my A-Rod collection and I have an itching to create a website such as the Will Clark or Mark Grace website (of course, it won't be as good as these examples).

I love the fact that photobucket and freewebs are free services, but I really want to put my photos and card descriptions together onto one website. What's the best way to do this? I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to this kind of stuff, so any help/suggestions/comments are appreciated.

Thanks!
    sevencostanza - I don't see a problem with you posting that question here. Also, if you don't get the desired help here, I would just start a thread in this forum and ask the question. I think alot of people are curious about how to start sites such as those to be honest. I wouldn't mind seeing the responses myself. I would love to have one in the future of Dawson.

Thanks
    Craig