Random Acts of Kindness!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thanks again to David K. for another week of receiving multiple cards of my favorite players (Pudge Rodriguez, Roberto Alomar, Jose Berrios). Amazing!

Huge shout out to David K. (who else!!!) for making my mailbox look like daytime TV - Judges everywhere you look! The best part about them is that they are on my sons nightstand, and he goes through all of them every night before bed. Some kids say prayers....mine recites HR & RBI totals...

And than to take it up to an even higher level - an amazing Kirby Puckett card showed up in the last envelope - definitely made my jaw drop!

Huge shout out to David K. (who else!!!) for making my mailbox look like daytime TV - Judges everywhere you look! The best part about them is that they are on my sons nightstand, and he goes through all of them every night before bed. Some kids say prayers....mine recites HR & RBI totals...

And than to take it up to an even higher level - an amazing Kirby Puckett card showed up in the last envelope - definitely made my jaw drop!

You're welcome Andrew! Best regards, David

I guess this story would fit here. I have been gone a long time from using this site and I returned to it a few weeks ago with some cards I thought about trading on here. Well another member contacted me about some of those cards and we agreed on a trade. So we both ship the cards out. I saw the other member received the cards I sent however days went by and I never received the ones that were sent to me. Then it hit me one night after I sent an update on the cards. I forgot to update my profile with my updated address. (Yes I felt like a complete idiot). So I quickly sent that member a message that I forgot to change my address and that this was my fault and no one else's. I took ownership of my mistake.

Well I didn't know what response I would get but I got one that was rather rude and telling me it was not that member's fault and that it was all my fault and that the USPS tracked the package to my address (yes to my old address). Well the member continued with the message and said if the cards showed back up that they would be sent back to me.

Needless to say I was taken aback on this message. So I did respond to this member and I told them they could keep the cards I traded and if the cards that were coming to me made them back to their home to just keep them as I did not need this kind of negativity and attitude towards me. So I may be out two Jimmie Foxx relic cards but oh well. I can move on and I hope that member can enjoy all of those cards as my goodwill gesture for my mistake, the same mistake I owned up too.

This also has changed my mind about this site and will now leave again as I will refrain from doing future business on here. Never thought I would have had a HoF member on here treat me the I was.

It was nice trading with those on here over the last several years! Take care!

Sorry for the way you were treated over a simple mistake! Members make mistakes all of the time...were all human and errors do happen. I may have over 10,000 trades/buy/sell.....but I do make my share of errors. I hope you don't take the action of one member for your reason to walk away from this site. We have many wonderful members, moderators, Owner, Coaches on this site. I been a former member of the Beckett and Freedom cardboard...and theses site ...in my opinion fall far short of this site. But if you do decide to leave this site....I hope you find what your looking and the door to the Bench will always be open if you decide to return! Best regards, David

I started a new job last month and have not been able to do any trading so it was quite exciting to open the mail on Tuesday and discover a package of Rainbow Foil from David K. Thank you so much! I may have to go post my trade list right now.

Dave

I started a new job last month and have not been able to do any trading so it was quite exciting to open the mail on Tuesday and discover a package of Rainbow Foil from David K. Thank you so much! I may have to go post my trade list right now.

Dave
Good Luck at your new job! You're welcome Dave! Best regards, David