Random Acts of Kindness!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hey

I am relatively new to this site. I have two trades completed and both of them went great. I am realizing how amazing the people on this site are. I just got a package in the mail and I had traded a few cards for some Derek Jeter for my brother for Christmas and I was expecting something good and I totally got hooked up. My brother is going to love it. Thanks again Bill (hatesgoats) for everything you did for us.

Thanks to John (jflan702) for the 2011 manufacted patch card of Joe Mauer!! He threw it in as an extra card!! Love the Joe Mauer Patch!! Best regards, David

Glad that you liked it David. ;) Feels good to do something nice for one of our greatest members. Thanks for all that you do for us.

Thanks to John (jflan702) for the 2011 manufacted patch card of Joe Mauer!! He threw it in as an extra card!! Love the Joe Mauer Patch!! Best regards, David

Thanks to John as well for the Freddie Freeman RC from 2011 Topps! I needed it! Thanks buddy! ;)

:D
Jason

The_Quarter_Box (AKA Frank) Just sent me two SI magazines from the late 80's. One has a nice article and ad of Rickey Henderson. The other one is real special to me and my family. I would put some scans up, but that would ruin the surprise for my Benchie entry! ;)

Tal

I have some stories of RH, personal stories...He's a great guy, has GREAT taste in women, one helluva fast man, and a true gamer! Watch out for a future post of my Rickey interactions in the very near future.

Thanks to NYMets6986 for the free Xfractor green 176 that I needed for my set that I'm trying to finish! Also thanks to Bill Organ for the free twins cards! Best regards, David

I'm not sure if RandomH is a Bench member or not, but here's an unexpected random act of kindness from today:

I went to the mailbox in the pouring rain expecting two trades from the Bench, but neither was here. Instead was a large mailer from Rosele, IL. I thought to myself, "This address doesn't seem familiar).

The package came from FCB member Random H. He was able to get my address via a little trickery from another FCB member, magicpapa, who had confirmed my address earlier last week. Inside was a note, with instructions to open the three wrapped toploaders in a specific order for "best effect".

In package #1 was this:

2007 Topps Co-Signers #50 David Wright /250
normal_2007cosigners250.jpg

Nice little addition, especially since a few other Co-Signers from 06-08 have been coming in lately. But, next in package #2 came this:

2010 Bowman Sterling Gold Boxtopper dual relic /50 Wright/Zimmerman
normal_2010bowmansterlingwrightzim50boxloader.jpg

This by itself blew me away - it's one of the most visually-appealing Wright GU I own, and it features one of the other great young 3B in the game. But the kicker came in package #3:

2010 Topps Tribute David Wright triple GU/AU /75
normal_2010toppstributewrightguautograph75.jpg

This makes my 6th Wright autograph (counting one TTM).

I'm not sure if RandomH is a Bench member or not, but here's an unexpected random act of kindness from today:

I went to the mailbox in the pouring rain expecting two trades from the Bench, but neither was here. Instead was a large mailer from Rosele, IL. I thought to myself, "This address doesn't seem familiar).

The package came from FCB member Random H. He was able to get my address via a little trickery from another FCB member, magicpapa, who had confirmed my address earlier last week. Inside was a note, with instructions to open the three wrapped toploaders in a specific order for "best effect".

In package #1 was this:

2007 Topps Co-Signers #50 David Wright /250
normal_2007cosigners250.jpg

Nice little addition, especially since a few other Co-Signers from 06-08 have been coming in lately. But, next in package #2 came this:

2010 Bowman Sterling Gold Boxtopper dual relic /50 Wright/Zimmerman
normal_2010bowmansterlingwrightzim50boxloader.jpg

This by itself blew me away - it's one of the most visually-appealing Wright GU I own, and it features one of the other great young 3B in the game. But the kicker came in package #3:

2010 Topps Tribute David Wright triple GU/AU /75
normal_2010toppstributewrightguautograph75.jpg

This makes my 6th Wright autograph (counting one TTM).

Nice! Name seems familiar...and I also know magicpapa! A fellow member from the old beckett message board. Best regards, David

Thanks go out to Doc Dave for a nice puffy with a 74 Baseball Digest with Tommy John on the cover. It will be a nice addition to my TJ collection.

Thanks Dave!

Thank you to who ever sent me the Topps opening day Yankees cards..Still not sure who sent them

Sounds like we have some GREAT members here! Nice to be a part of this board!!!

I would like to give a BIG shoutout to John (jflan702). John had 3 of the final 8 cards I needed for my 2002 Topps Chrome Traded set and 72 of the final 91 needed for my 2005 Topps Update set. Unfortunately I could not hit any of his set wants and heard no response when I offered to buy them or send some trade bait his way - now I know why! In today's mail was a package in the mail with all of the cards he had for me for both sets - what a great surprise and wonderful act of kindness.

Thanks again, John!

Kirby

Bob Kuchta - Made a deal for an Andrew McCutchen Gold rookie card, he threw in a Bowman Heritage SP Rookie of Cutch that I needed as well. Thanks!