Trade Manager "Status"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tribefan

MVP
5.00 star(s)
My memory, unless I was hallucinating, was that the status fields on the Trade Manager used to read...

You sent
You received
They sent
They received

Now they just read "received" but you can't determine who received without opening the trade.

If my memory is correct, why would this have been changed? Can it be changed back? It used to be clear at a quick glance.

Michael

Last edited:
I'm not sure why it's been changed, but I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to look at the trade in the list and know whether you've recieved it or not.

Yea, I actually preferred the old way also. One time I even PM'd a trade partner and asked him if he had ever received his end, only to find out that HE was the one who had marked as received, not me! Guess I'm lazy, but it was easier to just take a quick look and check the status. I'm guessing that it is a technical issue, or maybe it is easier on the server to have it like this.

Yea, I actually preferred the old way also. One time I even PM'd a trade partner and asked him if he had ever received his end, only to find out that HE was the one who had marked as received, not me! Guess I'm lazy, but it was easier to just take a quick look and check the status. I'm guessing that it is a technical issue, or maybe it is easier on the server to have it like this.

Tim,

I just realized that's exactly what I did with our recent trade. I see the cards that you were sending, I know I received them and the status is...

Received / You Sent

That looks like I received the cards and sent them, waiting for you to confirm. Instead, it's telling me that YOU received them on the left and I sent them on the right... not that you sent them. Argh!

We need to get the "you" and "they" back into the comment or separate the single column into two columns... "Your status" and "Their status" and then it's a matter of "posted", "confirmed", "Cards Sent" and "Cards Received".

Who do we talk to about development requests - anyone know? I know that Mark Wing is a moderator - that's about all off the top of my head.

Michael

Michael,

Well, I'm glad that you received the cards I sent!! LOL! I'll PM some of my mod buddies and see what they say.

Tim

I'm not sure why it's been changed, but I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to look at the trade in the list and know whether you've recieved it or not.

You are 100% correct. It would only take an extra "click" of the mouse to get into the trade and see exactly who has received and who hasn't. However, it used to be fairly easy to go to the trade manager and figure this out without going inside each trade. Our point is, it has been changed and now it is worse. We are just trying to make the site better by pointing this situation out.
A thread just like this one was started a month or two ago and nothing was really acomplished. Can we just pm the webmaster about this, just in case he/she is not aware of the situation?

We have a technical team of 2-3 guys that handles these types of things. Their time is limited but I'll forward this onto them.

Steph

It is fixed. I spent some time on it last night and figured out the problem. I am not sure as to how or why it was changed initially. It was not intentional.

Mark