Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Sportsbuy link in sig?

  1. #1

    Sportsbuy link in sig?

    I noticed that Sportsbuy is affiliated with this site...does this mean I can link to my Sportsbuy listings in my signature?

    Thanks! Rob

  2. #2
    Technically, SportsBuy is not associated with this site. You are probably seeing the ads from Google ads.

    That said, we allow links in signatures to other selling sites assuming the link is to the items you are selling.

    Mark
    I am currently taking a break from card collecting

    Mark Wing's Baseball Card Page
    Home of the Checklist Monster

    Don't like plain white envelopes? Please see How I plan to ship your cards

  3. #3
    Thanks Mark!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by VintageHeros View Post
    I noticed that Sportsbuy is affiliated with this site...does this mean I can link to my Sportsbuy listings in my signature?

    Thanks! Rob
    I mainly think there would be prohibition if it advertizes a site in general or there is some kind of payment for a click through or like eBay when a winning bid is produced. This site is free of fees because of the ability to advertize and the click throughs that result in sales. (A reminder to always use the eBay link banner when you bid on eBay items)
    James Nevans 2008 & 2010 BSL Champion Padres / Parallel King
    Building 93 to 95 Stadium Club 1st Day Sets & 91-94 Classic 4-Sport Autos

    1500+ eBay rating! http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/jmn(19)

    Sportscard site's want & trade lists http://jamesnevans.webs.com

    Need a real estate expert?
    Co-wrote: "How To Make Your Realtor Get You The Best Deal" http://www.jamesnevans.com

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesNevans View Post
    I mainly think there would be prohibition if it advertizes a site in general or there is some kind of payment for a click through or like eBay when a winning bid is produced. This site is free of fees because of the ability to advertize and the click throughs that result in sales. (A reminder to always use the eBay link banner when you bid on eBay items)
    Which eBay link are you talking about? I'd love to help this site if possible by using it.

    Thanks,
    John
    I ship in a bubble envelope with delivery confirmation on trade of $20 BV or more. I ask anyone I trade with to do the same.

    [B]My Main Wants:[/B]
    UD Masterpieces Stroke of Genius autos
    UD Masterpieces patch/autos

    http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z286/Johncyr123/
    https://sites.google.com/site/johnsc...baseball-haves

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan33 View Post
    Which eBay link are you talking about? I'd love to help this site if possible by using it.

    Thanks,
    John
    Click on the Partners button and then click the eBay banner. My understanding is that only a winning bid is compensated and only one bid per window openned. Often I save my auctions in My eBay and then when I want to make a hopeful winning bid I click open eBay through the link.

    Edit:, this is from thread 5320 with post #13 from the general manager himself:

    Thanks for the support!!!!!!

    Every little bit helps......all you have to do is click and bid...the bid is what actually earns the reward, and it's don't matter if it's a winning bid or losing bid. So get them bids in but remember to click on the banner each time you want to bid.....only 1 credit given per bid ber click.


    Ex. click on banner and bid (1 credit) bid on 20 other items using same window and no credit is given....but if you come back and click on the banner 20 times for each item we get 20 credits. It can be a hassle, but it helps out.


    ONCE again Thanks for all the support to everyone who does use the ebay banner!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by JamesNevans; 11-20-2009 at 08:24 PM.
    James Nevans 2008 & 2010 BSL Champion Padres / Parallel King
    Building 93 to 95 Stadium Club 1st Day Sets & 91-94 Classic 4-Sport Autos

    1500+ eBay rating! http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/jmn(19)

    Sportscard site's want & trade lists http://jamesnevans.webs.com

    Need a real estate expert?
    Co-wrote: "How To Make Your Realtor Get You The Best Deal" http://www.jamesnevans.com

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesNevans View Post
    Click on the Partners button and then click the eBay banner. My understanding is that only a winning bid is compensated and only one bid per window openned. Often I save my auctions in My eBay and then when I want to make a hopeful winning bid I click open eBay through the link.

    Edit:, this is from thread 5320 with post #13 from the general manager himself:

    Thanks for the support!!!!!!

    Every little bit helps......all you have to do is click and bid...the bid is what actually earns the reward, and it's don't matter if it's a winning bid or losing bid. So get them bids in but remember to click on the banner each time you want to bid.....only 1 credit given per bid ber click.


    Ex. click on banner and bid (1 credit) bid on 20 other items using same window and no credit is given....but if you come back and click on the banner 20 times for each item we get 20 credits. It can be a hassle, but it helps out.


    ONCE again Thanks for all the support to everyone who does use the ebay banner!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the info!

    John
    I ship in a bubble envelope with delivery confirmation on trade of $20 BV or more. I ask anyone I trade with to do the same.

    [B]My Main Wants:[/B]
    UD Masterpieces Stroke of Genius autos
    UD Masterpieces patch/autos

    http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z286/Johncyr123/
    https://sites.google.com/site/johnsc...baseball-haves

  8. #8
    This is what I had in mind...(see sig)

    btw I think it would be a great idea to remind all members how to utilize the ebay click and bid system...

  9. #9
    It is a sticky as a thread in General Talk called "How Much Does It Cost To Run This Site", but with so many new people it may be worth finding a way to have it stand out.
    James Nevans 2008 & 2010 BSL Champion Padres / Parallel King
    Building 93 to 95 Stadium Club 1st Day Sets & 91-94 Classic 4-Sport Autos

    1500+ eBay rating! http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/jmn(19)

    Sportscard site's want & trade lists http://jamesnevans.webs.com

    Need a real estate expert?
    Co-wrote: "How To Make Your Realtor Get You The Best Deal" http://www.jamesnevans.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •